Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By SuperSonic
Hey everyone!

I'm planning a trip to Conecticuit this summer, for when I get off school in August. Don't have any more details than that of course, I have still yet to figure anything out! :P

Who knows? I may just end up in West Haven and haunt Ryan for a day or two! :twisted:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Ah, that's cool Sonic. What is bringing you to Connecticut? Maybe I'm just used to it, having lived her most of my life. I don't know if it's considered a cool travel destination. Hehe.

Edinburgh - good question. When it comes to the long time loyal ZP members, I feel like I know many of you. Even chatting outside of the site, in the off-season. But I don't think I've met anyone in person.

I've been in public places where people have said to me, "You run Zombie Pumpkins? I know that site!" But those weren't necessarily members that I knew beforehand.
By SuperSonic
Would you mind if I came for sa visit Ryan? The reason I come to your state is because I know nothing about it, and I want to visit some of the eastern states, as I have only gone down south thus far.

My other choice was Colorado to see the Rockies, but Conecticuit just seemed like a better choice.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Mark, that probably was me. And both of your assumptions for my disguise are correct. ;)
By SuperSonic
I'm gonna find you by the end of my trip... rest assured :P Even if it means looking you up in the local phone books! :lol:

My trip route kinda looks like this

Hartford (land) - New Haven
New Haven - West Haven
West Haven - Bridgeport
Bridgeport - Danbury Fair/Lake Compounce Theme Park
Danbury Fair/Lake Compounce Theme Park - Hartford (leave)

The only part I'm missing? Where Danbury fair actually is :P

I'm gonna talk this over with my parents to see if they agree with what I'm thinking. They suggested a bit of a shorter route through, but I want to visit as much of the state as I can in a week and a half.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
The Danbury Fair was a yearly exhibition event held in October, from 1821 to 1981. The event no longer takes place, and at the former location you will now find a regular ol' shopping mall - Danbury Fair Mall.

If amusement parks are you thing, the best around here would probably be Lake Compounce, so that's a decent stop on your itinerary.
By SuperSonic
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:The Danbury Fair was a yearly exhibition event held in October, from 1821 to 1981. The event no longer takes place, and at the former location you will now find a regular ol' shopping mall - Danbury Fair Mall.

If amusement parks are you thing, the best around here would probably be Lake Compounce, so that's a decent stop on your itinerary.
Well my lack of knowledge is certainly not going unnoticed! :P

Thanks for the input Ryan, as aforementioned, I plan to visit as much of the state as I can in a short period of time. Lake Compounce was high on my list when I Googled Connecticut. I'll be sure to let you know when I'm passing through :)
By Hottie McNaughty
My only experience with Connecticut was a nasty speeding ticket. :wink:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Hottie McNaughty wrote:My only experience with Connecticut was a nasty speeding ticket. :wink:
She's right, I can verify that they do give those out here. :oops:
By pagemaster1993
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:
Hottie McNaughty wrote:My only experience with Connecticut was a nasty speeding ticket. :wink:
She's right, I can verify that they do give those out here. :oops:
Why what is the average speed limit there?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
pagemaster1993 wrote:Why what is the average speed limit there?
65 on the highways.
By pagemaster1993
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:
pagemaster1993 wrote:Why what is the average speed limit there?
65 on the highways.
That is about the same around here. Thought it may have been lower or something. Just depends on how you drive I guess.