Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By jen d.
GUS wrote:Think it's time we had a roll call of the missing...
jen d. ..moved home, pictures looked good for a set up this halloween no word for a while!?
Aw, it's nice to be remembered... thanks, Gus! =)

I'm still here, mostly lurking. I'm not having a party this year, which is usually what amps up my Halloween spirit... so it's been somewhat dismal as of late. (Some of my DIY decorations last year were destroyed by a couple of party guests, and at that point I had decided not to hold another one next year.)

I'm in school full time right now also, so that is taking time away from my Halloween plans. I would still like to do up the front porch, bigger and better this year. Previous years were spent focusing on the inside of the house... so I hope to accomplish more this time around.

Setting up/tearing down of big displays is also a giant chore when you have no help. One day, my hypothetical Pumpkin King and I will live and breathe for Halloween together, and employ our minions to help with setup/takedown. Ha.

Happy October!
By GUS
Nice to hear you are still around Jen.

I'm in the same boat, vandalism by youths this year has just made me say screw it, & so pumpkin carving for ourselves & we'll go out T&T ing with the daughter this year & just see what everyone else has put up..

I'm like you it's a one person set up with no assistance really, to cap it all the wife who if not working shift at hospital simply hands out candy & is the kid spotter (eg for me blind in a costume) but she's having trouble lifting an empty plate weight sort of thing after back surgery, so will be of no use whatsoever.

just take time off & satisfy your own want's this year & come back re-invigorated...

Have fun whatever you do!