Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By Starparty
Hello everybody!

I've been a huge ZP fan for years but this year I've started lurking around the forum quite a bit. With all the great tips and ideas I've gotten so far I thought I'd join in and say thank you!

I'm known in the neighborhood as the "Pumpkin House" and the "(Crazy) Pumpkin Lady". Last year I set a new record of 30 pumpkins, 18 of them from ZP! I got hooked on carving when my dad bought a copy of the original Pumpkin Masters comb-bound pattern books. Now I have two shelves of pattern books, binders of patterns, my own oversized tool box of tools, and a very happy local farmer's market!

While my true love is still a real pumpkin, I have started working with foam kins this year and all the tips I got here made it so easy! I love my new versa tool! I also found a local source for blue Saral paper that I can't wait to try!

So thank you for all the awesome tips and it is great to meet everybody!
By nosferatu
Welcome to the party!

Look forward to speaking to you around the various forum topics and seeing your carvings.

You don't have to be (crazy) to post here......but it helps.
By SuperSonic
mesmark wrote:Welcome to the forums!

Can't wait to see the pumpkin pictures ...
Ditto :)
By Hottie McNaughty
Hello and welcome! I'm the crazy pumpkin lady in the neighborhood too so I'm sure we'll get along just fine. Can't wait to see your carves this year. :D
By monstermash
Hi Starparty. I too am known as the crazy pumpkin lady!!!! Always good to have more crazies on the boards. I'm looking forward to your pics. :)
By Starparty
I just knew I'd find fellow fiends here! I can't wait to share mine and see what other people can carve.

This year I'm already working on doing a full Angry Birds display with 5-7 pumpkins, stone, glass and wood blocks and a handmade slingshot! I'm still working on lights but I found some great LED work lights at Harbor Freight the other day that should really pop the carves!

I'm also going to do a large group of the ZP spider designs to go with the giant PVC spider I'm building to go on my porch roof. :D

36 days left!!
By punchi
Starparty wrote:
This year I'm already working on doing a full Angry Birds display with 5-7 pumpkins, stone, glass and wood blocks and a handmade slingshot! I'm still working on lights but I found some great LED work lights at Harbor Freight the other day that should really pop the carves!
awesome... just awesome... cannot WAIT to see THAT!!!
By Tkaraoke
Welcome to the patch, Starparty! LED work lights? I might have to google more info about these!

Is this what you're looking at? For $3 a piece I think I will look into these!

:arrow: 27 LED portable worklight flashlight
By Starparty
Welcome to the patch, Starparty! LED work lights? I might have to google more info about these!

Is this what you're looking at? For $3 a piece I think I will look into these!

That is it exactly! It makes a gorgeous white light! I need to wrap it so it blends better in the bottom, but you can see what it looks like the carve I just did!

http://www.zombiepumpkins.com/forum/vie ... php?t=5533
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Hey Starparty! A welcome from the Patch Master. Hearing about your history with carving, and your plans for this year, it's clear that you are crazy in all the right ways. :lol: A perfect fit for this site, we're glad to have you!
By Euri
Hey Starparty, welcome aboard! Sounds like you are already well versed in ZP minion-ness. Post pics of your work!

I'm just waiting for someone to put in a typo and say "I can't wait to see your curves" instead of carves. :lol: