Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By snow2alike
I have to get rid of about 50 pumpkins to make room for the new guys!
Each year I raffle off about 10 (money to charity) but this year has to be more. Which ones do you choose----how do you choose ????

All this made me think that if I could have only ONE pumpkin for my porch on Halloween, which one would it be?

I chose Frank ! One of the first patterns I ever carved over 20 years ago! And carved it in real pumpkin each year till I found foamies. My kids and neighbors kids have carved it. I've sold gads of Franks. People in my carving classes have carved it. It's an old PM pattern but he's been on my porch for over 20 years. Frank just says Halloween to me.

SO ---- if you could only have ONE --- which one would yours be???

Ryan if you would have been doing patterns 20 years ago --- I would have chosen your Frank --- He's the best !!
By SuperSonic
My first pattern that I personally carved, was a Pumpkin Masters pattern with three bats, and what I think was a bell tower of sorts.

I loved that pattern until it was un-useable for carving.

Then I was on the search for patterns that resembled it, then found ZP.

Now Patch Master is my yearly carve along now with Sonic and Night Owl.

Thank you Ryan! Without you my Halloween would suck :P
By GUS
I believe my soft, spot would be eye of the beholder which was my second ever foamie ZP carve...

However the one that made me search out (again) ZP after my initial encounter with it in it's 1st year would be a skull pattern I found "somewhere"
..very good it was too, so inexperienced with puimpkin stencls was I that i free handed it from the pattern sitting on the floor in the dark whilst neighbours watched LOTR fellowship, on our new big screen (MANY moons ago).

Come on, I mean, free-handing a complex pattern from an A4 print-out??? :roll: :lol:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
snow2alike -- Great idea for a topic. I'm sure it can be sad to see your carvings go, but you'll be overwhelmed and unable to move around your home, if you don't clear some out. Room for fresh carves? That's a great thing!

The question - if I could only have ONE pumpkin on my porch on Halloween, which would it be? Maybe potentials come to mind. But I suppose I might go along with you Donna, and say Frankenstein's Monster... my own design.

To my eyes, some of my designs can lose a bit of their luster after a few years pass (mostly because they don't seem as "new" anymore). But Frank is an image that never gets old. It's a classic. It's Halloween-y. It's easily recognizable to young and old. It's perpetually one of the most popular patterns here. And it's a fairly easy carve. What more could you ask for in a pumpkin pattern? So I think that would be my pick.
By pagemaster1993
Mine would be Edgar Allen Poe, that I carved last year. Well at least so far he is my favorite and will keep forever, or until something bad happens to him, and in which I will be carving another one. I printed off a lot of him and will print more probably.
By Dredge
Freddy. Nothing in my opinion, encompasses horror quite like Freddy
By pagemaster1993
Dredge wrote:Freddy. Nothing in my opinion, encompasses horror quite like Freddy
Weird I thought you would choose Captain Spaulding.
By Dredge
pagemaster1993 wrote:
Dredge wrote:Freddy. Nothing in my opinion, encompasses horror quite like Freddy
Weird I thought you would choose Captain Spaulding.
I love captain spaulding obviously, but hes a horror "passer by" I don't think he will go.down in horror history to the tune of of Freddy, Jason, pinhead, etc. I was going for something a little more timeless
By matspud
Sorry can't choose :? That is worse than having to choose between my son and chocolate :D ( no prizes for guessing which would win that contest

:twisted: )
By MooBoo
I'd have to choose Count Dracula, it just isn't Halloween without the Count :)=
By staticfurball
I would have to have Patchmaster as my only pick. I think it says everything about Halloween for me. Although it was a toss up with Dracula and Frank. Those are such icons of Halloween as well.
But in the end it's Patchmaster, mainly because I can picture walking through a corn field all alone at night and coming across something like that!! Awesome :D
By SuperSonic
I just realized I made more than one pick :P

If I had to choose just ONE...*sigh*. It would have to probably be....

Sonic or Patch Master

Still cant choose between the 2 however....