Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By zoma33
like to say hello to all. after enjoying reading forum decided to come out of the shadows and join
By Zombie Pumpkins!
If I'm correct, you're a long time member of Zombie Pumpkins, zoma33. Glad you came out of lurk mode and decided to join the forum chat. Got any favorite experiences with pumpkin carving or Halloween that you wanna share?
By zoma33
started carving a few years ago. started out small display for halloween. then got bigger and bigger. to be honest i do enjoy the comments i receive on the pumpkins i carve. now i've begun the foam carving world where i am actually saving the great zp patterns for future years.
By Hottie McNaughty
Hello and welcome! It's always nice to see long time lurkers come out of the shadows.

Can't wait to see your carves this year. :D
By GUS
Hi Zoma,

One thing i've learned being an occasional presence on here is not to save the patterns, if you ave a yearning to carve a pattern, carve it, when carving a second time round it's no less a pleasure, more speed & familiarity for sure, but the satisfaction & pride remain the same..

we are holding ourselves back when we deny ourselves the occasion to carve ultimately.
By matspud
Hi Zoma, GUS is right don't put off carving specific patterns 'cause you want to save them for "good" ( like the best china). Carve now and carve again if you really like it. The problem with putting off if that each year the list of patterns "saved" grows longer and longer :?
By GUS
Zoma, what tools are you using?
By zoma33
points taken. i do carve the traditional ones and discard after the season. a few i keep because they are too good to let go. i am finishing my foam collection of harry potter characters. love looking at them time and time again. as for tools, i like the slow pace of a pumpkin saw and exacto knives. sitting in basement carving and enjoying a pumpkin ale.
By GUS
That's pretty much me too! (except the pumpkin ale, never found one that has a pronounced pumpkin detail, (sadly)
Have you tried the Saral transfer paper yet? ..wish I had it a few years ago!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I'm thinking Zoma was referring to the idea of saving a favorite design in the form of a foam pumpkin, so the work doesn't rot away, right? Rather than putting off carving a favorite pattern... which I agree, only makes it harder to decide what to carve each year, as more and more desirable patterns are released.

While carving the artificial pumpkins does allow you keep each one forever, also beware that.... it lets you keep each one forever. ;) Have you seen Donna's (snow2alike) living room? :lol:

I have just a few foam pumpkins carved that I pull out each Halloween season for my displays. One with the ZP logo, of course. And a small collection of carved Universal Monsters, which includes Frankenstein's Monster, Dracula, and The.... (oops, can't announce that one yet, heehee).
By CorpseBride
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:...which includes Frankenstein's Monster, Dracula, and The.... (oops, can't announce that one yet, heehee).
Oh no you didn't!!

Welcome Zoma! Glad you have decided to come to the light and abandon the shadows. I can't wait to see some of your carves!
By pagemaster1993
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:And a small collection of carved Universal Monsters, which includes Frankenstein's Monster, Dracula, and The.... (oops, can't announce that one yet, heehee).
Now Mr. Patch Master your just being a tease are you not? As I remember you already have: Frankenstein's Monster, Dracula, Bride Of Frankenstein, Gillman, and The Wolfman. Now that only means there are three more to choose from: The Invisable Man(No the April Fool's Day joke does not count :lol: ), The Mummy, and The Phantom Of The Opera; as far as my knowledge of Universal Monsters goes. Which one it is I do not know but do hope that it does make one of our minions a very happy . . . . . . . . . . . . . well Minion. :o Yes this is a very long post. :o