Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
Forgot to say.
Izzy recently did a presentation to her beaver pack (6yrs & upward, the pre-cursor to being a Cub-scout / Brownie in the uk).

She prepareed a few pages of A4 on carving & showed them the tools, lights & a bunch of carved foamies.

Result, looks like we're helping Local Beavers, Cubs & Brownies not to stab themselves with carving tools this October.
Thankfully it's a small pack of kids, ..then again small fingers are a devil to stitch back on*

*We'll take you to Hospital after we've finished taking photo's your severed digits make for great staging props!
By nosferatu
Congrats!

I am surprised Health & Safety haven't stepped in!

Good luck with the severed digits. Maybe they could rub them together to start a fire. Two badges for the price of one
By GUS
Nah Izzy knows "dry fuel" not bleeding...

She sets fires via a flint striker, thought i'd teach her after catching her with a candle setting the carpet alight the other year, now she knows how to light the woodburner, safely!

Sometimes denial of a fascination is what leads to the problem, now she understands fully the danger of flames...

She cooks us up sausages & noodles with her LMF kit Nos, it's a fun thing to share with your kid.

..seems odd to say soon she'll hafve her own striker (currently wearing mine out) ..the LMF grandpa's fire forks are great for safe sausage stabbing & handle 2 marshmallows at once.

(recommended) I'll have to try & dig out the pics of her cooking over a lit pumpkin!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Is there a Beaver badge for pumpkin carving achievement? Oh, she just had to give a presentation. I see. Well there should be a specific badge for pumpkin carving skills, if you ask me!

I'm proud of Izzy for spreading her pumpkin knowledge to her pack. Small group or not, she's helping to get the word out there. Worthy of Patch Minion status? Hmmm.... :wink:
By GUS
Well it is officially a hobby badge, so a good wedge of A4 sheets were actually photo's of her own carves (I neglected to put that in) we took 7 foamies down & lit them, she'd not be able to saw a foamie yet (density & the required control of the saw over the ease of pumpkin flesh) ..when we heard what they were giving badges out for we thought it was a natural shoe in, she has no problem speaking publically, (it was a 10 minute presentation), inc the gutter, lights, carving tools, & a variety of lit foamies.
I guess I need to start making some proper carving saws for little hands as they're not having mine.
By CorpseBride
That's great! Go Izzy! :)
By GUS
So recommendations for a bunch of 6-7yr olds all of whom will not have done any pumpkining ,...ever!

Do I send a letter out to all the parents to ask em to stay & take control as "pumpkin overlord" . will stoneys hacksaw blades suffice do you reckon, I thought oogie boogie as it;s a big impact carve with only 2 small eye cuts!?
..my personal favourite for beginner kids anyhow.