Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By shaft28
Hello ZP,

My name is Marc and I am a pumpkin carving addict.

I have carved pumpkins every year of my life that I can remember. Even when I was a single guy in an apartment that got zero trick or treaters and it has been building a little each year - then I found Zombie Pumpkins 3 years ago and have exploded from there.

I average about 6-10 carvings a year and had a very popular house in Portland, OR - been in Austin Tx for 2 years and although we now only average 15 beggars for candy a year (including parents) I still carve as much as I can.

Hands down ZP has the best patterns on the web. The certain style is just amazing and they always turn out like they are supposed to. ( I won't mention certain sites that just use a negative of a photo that makes no sense asa pattern).

Anyway, last year I stepped up to some pro tools and the gutter, this year I went all electric lights (from ZP) and will be hanging them from the trees.

Mostly I just wanted to say thanks. Love the web site and the patterns - will help make our party a hit this year.
By nosferatu
"They say this cat Shaft is a bad..........."

Welcome to the boards.

Look forward to seeing pics of your carvings
By Raven
Welcome to the forum!

Portland is a beautiful city. I miss that side of the country a lot. Never been to Austin so I can't comment on it. :)
By SaneInsideInsanity
Welcome to the boards, good to have another minion speaking up
By Batgirl
Howdy and welcome Shaft28! Always happy to see more Texans on the forum. And even more happy to see more minions rising from the graves.
By Tkaraoke
Welcome Shaft! They say only two things come from great country of Texas....steers and pumpkin carvers...and I don't see no horns on your head! ROFL!

Looking forward to seeing you carves this year. Welcome!! :D
By SuperSonic
Welcome to the forum :)
By shaft28
nosferatu wrote:"They say this cat Shaft is a bad..........."
SHUT YOUR MOUTH!
I'm talkin' 'bout Shaft.
The we can dig it...

That's exactly where it come from.

Nice to meet everyone, looking forward to next weekend! House looks like a grave yard, kids will be scared but it's worth it - we give out full sized candy bars!
By monstermash
Welcome to the zombie boards Marc, nice to have you here. Kids aren't as lucky at my house, all they get is a peanut and a lecture on healthy eating! :wink: :lol: Ive also got a bit of a graveyard going on this year.
By paddy_babe
welcome to the forums! cant wait to see pics and im coming to usa to trick or treat at your house! (full sized candy bars!!! :D )
By SuperSonic
paddy_babe wrote:welcome to the forums! cant wait to see pics and im coming to usa to trick or treat at your house! (full sized candy bars!!! :D )
forget that just say trick or treat, forget the whole bagiie concept and take the bar and nom nom nom :P
Hi again!
Last year we packed our bags and left the LoneStar State and headed back to milder climate in Portland. We didn't get keys into out new house until Oct 11th so we barely got in the doors yet managed to get up a respectable amount of Halloween decor and carvings up in time for the holiday.
So much so that we met about 1/2 the neighborhood and people are still talking to us about it. And we moved into a crazy into it Halloween neighborhood. We went from 20 trick or treaters in Austin to over 225 our first year here. We ran out of full candy bars!
Anyway now I have almost a full year under my belt and a much better feel for the house...so planning something a little more spectacular and as always ZP are the center of it all. Looking forward to being a little more involved this year (don't even think I posted carving pics last year).
Hope all is well with all you ZP maniacs,
Marc