Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
What's the meaning behind your choice of username here on the forum? In my case, I go by "zombiepumpkins" because I run a website called.... Zombie Pumpkins! :roll:

Okay, that was easy. Your turn!
By nosferatu
Nosferatu unsurprisingly came from the film which was amongst a pile of DVDS I had to watch at the time and was the only horror related name on the spur of the moment that I could come up with.

I was also watching The Complete Ripping Yarns on the same day and briefly toyed with calling myself Tomkinson but thought people would just think that was my actual name. One of the other films was Amelie.......
By GUS
well my other main forum moniker was so long I thought my real name might be applicable (especially as I refuse to save passwords)
By sodajazz
I have a shorter memory than a gold fish so use 'sodajazz' for everything and its origin ........ so... da... 1st two letters of kids names and jazz because it seemed to fit. :D
By Mistress_of_Halloween
I just love Halloween...the Mistress part is from my husband saying I love the holiday more than him because I go a little crazy in the fall.
By matspud
Mat ( Matthew my son) and 'spud' his nickname since he was about 4 months old.

Better than any of my nicknames past ( Bagpuss, Mavis Cruet and Knickerless---------not true) and present or my MSN name ( BigFatMomma)
By Nightwatchman
My name comes from a pumpkin pattern titled The Night Watchman that I made in 1994 to honor my father. He had passed away that year, and I based the pattern on a photo that I had taken of him. The pattern placed second in the PM contest that year.
I like to carve it every year to remember him and I use the picture for my avatar a lot of the time on this and other sites.

By badgers
My brother gave it to me while we were watching a T.V. show on animals. One particular segment focused on badgers, he happened to comment that I looked like the one and the name kind of stuck, for the last 30+ years.
By Joey
I've gone by Joey online for about 10 years now. It came about when I was young and foolish and my screen name was joeysgirl, based off a crush I had. Everyone shortened it to Joey and it stuck.
By SuperSonic
well this was my original idea as opposed to Why_SoSerious_101 which did come from the dark knight since Heath Ledger is my idol but Sonic is my child hood hero so its all got its place :) and Super Sonic just happens to be my nickname :P
Last edited by SuperSonic on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By SuperSonic
zombiepumpkins wrote:Okay, that was easy.
wheeres your Red Staples button Ryan :P
By Dadja
Mine's from a Roman emperor "Maximinus II Daja". He was emperor together with Constantine the Great, just of another part of the empire. He didn't do anything special, wasn't a great emperor, in fact he was born a farmer, became soldier, called himself emperor for 4 years and was killed in battle a year after he had to flee because of dispute with another emperor...

I just liked the name, added an extra 'd' and voila :) My nickname, for about 9 years now...
By S.A.M
Quiet interesting reading some of the back stories to the usernames :)
My username is rather boring in that it's just my initials :lol: Sometimes I wish I were a bit more original in picking my handle or at the very least used lower case, it looks like I'm shouting my name lol.
By vibhandaka
Hi!

I love unicorns and Vibhandaka means unicorn in some language that I don't remember. Lol.
By monstermash
I cant think of a better song to get me in the mood for halloween than Monster Mash. "I was working in the lab late one night, when my eyes beheld an eerie sight..." Good old Bobby Boris Pickett.