Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By Pumpkin Hunter
So I joined the forum in 2008, was last on in 2015 and with a combination of GAD and depression have had varying degrees of Halloween related fun and enjoyment since 2015.

Since last Halloween I have dragged myself kicking and screaming back to something similar to my old self and even though the standard Halloween is pretty much cancelled this year in Scotland, I wanted to have more fun and take part a little more.

So here I am! Im planning to use a load of Ryan's patterns and cover the windows with papercuts and I've been asked to carve a couple of pumpkins for the only Pumpkin Patch in the Scottish Highlands. This year I'm going to try hard and gain minion recognition from the Pumpkin Master.

If anyone vaguely recognises the name or just wants to say Hi, I'm really going to try and be a more active member of the forum this Halloween.
:jack_o_lantern: :ghost: Skull and Crossbones :fangs:
amandap80, Raoof liked this
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Hey Pumpkin Hunter, I remember your posts here. Welcome back! Life has it's ups and downs, but personally I've always found arts and crafts very therapeutic. The time you spend making something (like window paper cuts) can be a good distraction from the troubles of the outside world. And when you're done, you feel a sense of accomplishment, and have something cool to look at. Keep it up! :thumbsup:
Pumpkin Hunter liked this
By BrookR1
Welcome back,

Yeah...I can attest to pumpkin carving being a great distraction. My entire display was borne from a job loss a couple of years ago. I decided to do something for myself instead of others. It's led to a lot of happiness being spread around.

Brook
Pumpkin Hunter, Raoof liked this
By amandap80
Welcome back! I think there are several of us who have been in the same boat, but have decided to grab 2020 by the lumpy gourds and make it good - BECAUSE WE NEED IT DANGIT. :black_heart:
I have always been fascinated by Scotland (ancestry there) , but I know the weather does not make for good pumpkin conditions. I have always wanted to try the window kins - those sounds like a great alternative! :jack_o_lantern: :jack_o_lantern:
Pumpkin Hunter liked this
By Pumpkin Hunter
I see from your profile that you’re from my home city. Grew up in Newhaven carving neeps before I got old and moved on to the much easier pumpkin carving.
zombombie liked this