Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
Sorry I haven't been around lately, it's been a long and rough year for me and my family. I am doing my best to pull myself out of my funk and get back into the Spirit of Halloween.

I lost my job back in December, during a plant wide layoff. I live in a small border town in Nova Scotia, Canada and jobs are getting harder to find. This is the second time I have lost a long term job to company "downsizing". I have a few more months, so hopefully something comes up for me before Christmas. The time off turned out to be a blessing in disguise though as my Father was diagnosed with terminal cancer of the Liver, which had moved into the bloodstream in February. My being off work allowed me to help my Mom with his care before he passed away at home at the end of June.

Things are still rough and this time of year is especially, since he was born on Friday the 13th in October. I'm just taking things one day at a time right now, but I got a great support system with my husband and kids. Actually today is my 13th Wedding Anniversary.

I'm planning on carving 6 real pumpkins this year and I have one foam Michaels pumpkin to carve. I am planning a Mario theme this year as the kids have been big into the video games this year, lots of Super Smash Brothers, Mariokart 8, and Minecraft being played in my house lately.

I'll post pictures once I have my display done. I hope everyone else is having a good year so far and has a great Halloween.
Glad to see you back. Sorry for your loss and my sympathies for you and your family. ZP is a great place to get back into the swing of things and bring some cheer back this season. Seems like many of our members have had a rough year. Looking forward to seeing your carves this year.