Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By paddy_babe
hi guys, I am back! I've been away for the last two (maybe 3?) years (and judging by other posts, so have a lot of minions!) and Halloween was very low key at my house, one Halloween we only carved one pumpkin! :shock: so not great considering Halloween is my favourite holiday.

Life has been a bit of a rollercoaster and Halloween took a back seat.
We've had financial difficulty, illness, depression and all sorts that made Halloween tough. I had a huge mental breakdown (I've had severe anxiety since I was a teenager but it suddenly hit the roof and I got rushed to the doctor) I'm now on medication (I've tried before but nothing helped, this is a new one and it works for me) and I'm living a life where anxiety is a small part rather than the biggest thing of my day. I've been to weddings, pubs, restaurants, and on holiday. I've held a tarantula, spoke in public and been involved in charity events. Things I didn't think possible!! (if you search on instagram or twitter #BeatingAnxietyBucketList you'll see the things I've been up to!)

I also have a new job! With my anxiety demons taking a back seat I was able to go to a job interview at my local Primary School (where my kids attend) and I ROCKED that interview. I've been working there a year now and I love it!! I cover the playground at lunch as part of a team but I also do displays, school trips, decorate for holidays, help events like the book fair and coffee mornings, and I've just taken on Gardening Club.

So in a nutshell, things were crappy, now they're not as bad and I'm really happy. I'm back and ready to carve!! :jack_o_lantern: Also I've missed my fellow minions, I know I have a few of you on twitter or facebook but I'm really glad to be back and see how you're all doing :orange_heart:
Welcome back paddy_babe! It’s wonderful to hear that you are doing better, and hopefully this will be your best Halloween yet!!!
By staticfurball
Welcom back, good to hear you are doung better. Seems lime quite a few ppl had rough year. Perfect season to beback in the groove!
By Pumpkinfreak
Welcome back!
It sounds like you had a rough couple of years, but it's good to hear you're doing better.
I've been struggling with anxiety too, so I kinda get how hard it must have been.
It's hard to see all the dreams and goals you ever had take a backseat just because your anxiety controls you.
Congrats on the new job, and all the things you're doing,
and I hope this Halloween is the best one in years! :ghost: :jack_o_lantern:
By amandap80
Welcome back! Anxiety sucks - it is the robber of joy. I am glad you are improving and I hope you have an awesome Halloween this year!
By Raven
I hate that I can say I understand the anxiety issues. There is a lot of help out there for it though so never feel bad about seeking that help. Congratulations on the job and just getting through everything! I know I feel like I aced the day just by getting out of bed!
By paddy_babe
thanks guys I'm happy to be back! Any fellow minions that are struggling with their anxiety too and want a sympathetic ear, my inbox is always open :orange_heart:
amandap80 liked this