Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By Raven
I am usually one that stays around here all year checking in weekly to see if there are any new posts and making sure I've read everything and looked at all pictures. For the past 2 years I haven't felt very "Halloween-ish", but this year I'm already getting into it!

I know I have most of you on Facebook, and you have already heard some of this, but last year and the beginning of this year was pretty tough for my husband and I. In November we found out our dog, Marley, had cancer and there was nothing we could do. If you do follow me on FB you know how much I loved that dog and how unique he was. We were devastated. He made it through Thanksgiving, through his 10th. birthday, Christmas and the new year. We spoiled the heck out of him during this time. He got cheeseburgers, milkshakes, pizza and treats galore. Mid January he let us know he was too tired to keep fighting and we listened. Our vet came out to our house and I was able to hold my baby while he took his last breath. I cried every day for months, and still do once in awhile. There are a lot of his pictures on this site in his various Halloween costumes. We did get a new puppy 4 days before Marley passed. His name is Satan, I mean Kimber (I let my husband name him. A Kimber is a gun type. I wanted to name him Loki). Anyway, he is a handful but I love him!

Also in December of last year our sister in law had a miscarriage and had to have emergency surgery just before Christmas. A few days later my mother in law was diagnosed with lung cancer. On Christmas day my husbands Aunt was rushed to the ER with blood clots in her legs. All that on top of our dog was a lot for us all at once. Thankfully everyone is fine and we are hoping this year ends better than last year!

What a crappy update. I made myself sad all over again. I do have a costume all picked out for this year, and I'm convincing my husband to dress up how I want him to. I hope he goes along with it, it will be awesome. I'm a great wife with great ideas for him! :razz:

I'm glad to be back on the forums and going to try and keep active on here!
By Mayor of Haddonfield
Raven wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:59 pm
I am usually one that stays around here all year checking in weekly to see if there are any new posts and making sure I've read everything and looked at all pictures. For the past 2 years I haven't felt very "Halloween-ish", but this year I'm already getting into it!

I know I have most of you on Facebook, and you have already heard some of this, but last year and the beginning of this year was pretty tough for my husband and I. In November we found out our dog, Marley, had cancer and there was nothing we could do. If you do follow me on FB you know how much I loved that dog and how unique he was. We were devastated. He made it through Thanksgiving, through his 10th. birthday, Christmas and the new year. We spoiled the heck out of him during this time. He got cheeseburgers, milkshakes, pizza and treats galore. Mid January he let us know he was too tired to keep fighting and we listened. Our vet came out to our house and I was able to hold my baby while he took his last breath. I cried every day for months, and still do once in awhile. There are a lot of his pictures on this site in his various Halloween costumes. We did get a new puppy 4 days before Marley passed. His name is Satan, I mean Kimber (I let my husband name him. A Kimber is a gun type. I wanted to name him Loki). Anyway, he is a handful but I love him!

Also in December of last year our sister in law had a miscarriage and had to have emergency surgery just before Christmas. A few days later my mother in law was diagnosed with lung cancer. On Christmas day my husbands Aunt was rushed to the ER with blood clots in her legs. All that on top of our dog was a lot for us all at once. Thankfully everyone is fine and we are hoping this year ends better than last year!

What a crappy update. I made myself sad all over again. I do have a costume all picked out for this year, and I'm convincing my husband to dress up how I want him to. I hope he goes along with it, it will be awesome. I'm a great wife with great ideas for him! :razz:

I'm glad to be back on the forums and going to try and keep active on here!
Wow Raven, you really have had a rough year. I surely hope all of this bad mojo is behind you, and you are able to get into the Halloween spirit. I'm really sad to hear about your dog. It's so hard losing one, especially when you have to make the call. I am happy to hear that you now have Satan in your life!!! Just kidding. We have a new guy named Scooby that is 11 months old and he is quite the handful. He pretty much bosses around our other 4 dogs.

Any ways, I'm glad to hear you're in the mood this year and can't wait to see how you stage and photograph your carves. They are always my favorite!
By Chewy
Super sorry to hear about your year Raven. I can identify a bit - and am going to have a low key halloween this year myself i think. I guess i should probably post about where im at actually.

Kimber. Wink. I *might* have one. And, you know, the black cat we have, her name is Shadow. Which is quite appropriate for her in many ways. But, on your Kimber thread, I dont think CZ would have been a good name for a cat and I cant pronounce the full wordage of that one. LOLOLOLOL
By amandap80
Raven,
We are friends on FB but I wanted to pipe in here and say I hope this year is better for you - It looks like you are off to a good start already! Kimber is a cutie. I was so sorry to hear about Marley. We lost Ellie last year too and I feel for you. *internet hugs*
By paddy_babe
sorry to hear you've been going through a rough patch hun, sending you hugs and love :orange_heart: