Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
I`m enjoying this topic too! It`s fun to read about what other people do!

I`m a Pharmacy Technical Assistant in a Hospital. We rotate places in the hospital. My regular duties include assisting Pharmacists, entering prescriptions, serving nurses medications for patients, preparing i.v. syringes and bags under a laminar flow hood, charging and distributing narcotic and controlled drugs from vault to nursing station, replenishing stock meds in nursing stations.

Not very exiting but I enjoy my job! :)
I build digital projectors for movie theaters, churches and concerts. They probably range from $30,000 - $150,000. I'm not 100% sure on the prices as I probably can't afford one anyways lol. One perk is I get to look like Walter White all day in a clean room suit :roll:
Cool, thanks for the fun thread! :thumbsup: Lets see... where do I begin?...

Photographer, photo lab technician, medical transcriptionist, dog-sitter, body piercer, forum moderator (not here, but a forum nonetheless)...

Photography has been my hobby since I took my first intro class to it in 8th grade. My grandfather has always been into photography for as long as I can remember, so there was always a little interest there. Started doing portrait photography as a way to make some cash; it evolved into concert photography and eventually, wedding photography... which pretty much turned my love for photography into a near-death experience. The last wedding I shot was about 4 years ago... haven't really picked up the camera much since.

I was a photo lab technician for over 10 years during the time I was doing photography also. Then, digital photography happened in a big way. People stopped shooting film and eventually, the work ran out and the title of photo lab technician has become nearly obsolete.

It was at that time I decided to go into a field that would always be needed, will always have work and something that I enjoy doing. Quit everything, went back to school and now I transcribe medical reports. Most interesting job I've ever had... I dig it!

Oh! Somewhere after doing portrait photography, I started apprenticing at a local body piercing shop. Got my body piercing certification in San Francisco in early 2003, and I worked there part-time for the better part of a decade.

My FAVOURITE job, though... doggy day-care. That was temporary, but I enjoyed going to work every single day. Was sad when I had to go home. I don't think I can say that for any other job I've had, or will have!

Edit: Wow, sorry about the novel...
sloaner wrote:I build digital projectors for movie theaters, churches and concerts. They probably range from $30,000 - $150,000. I'm not 100% sure on the prices as I probably can't afford one anyways lol. One perk is I get to look like Walter White all day in a clean room suit :roll:
next time my video guy is yelling about the projector im going to blame you :lol: :P
I love this! Nice to learn what you folks do.

Myself I am a Nurse....not your Nurse Ratched type...though some patients make me think about taking that turn. :lol: I truly love my job. I work mostly with Dementia and Mental Health, it can be hard at times. Especially when you see someone so lost in their own mind that their reality is warped...and sometimes terrifying to them. I make it my mission to make my patients smile atleast once a day...if even only for a second.

Plus..... HALLOWEEN SCRUBS!!!! Ohhhhhh yeah :D
During the day I'm the US distribution manager for a large semiconductor manufacturer. Fancy for inside sales guy that deals with our disti's corporate when it hits the fan. Been in hi tech sales for almosy 20 years...geez... By night I'm dad to a crazy 3 year old boy (and hubby to the wife).

(And no shame working at McDs, you gotta start somewhere. My wife started there and I started at Togo's (think Subway but local to CA. I made me some sammiches in my day!)
Wow, there's such a great variety here. Minions from all walks of life.
I studied and got a degree in Illustration & design but found that as I was preparing for a career, things were shifting much more to digital art than hand drawn or sculpted work. I'm ok with a computer but not as good with a key board & mouse as I am with my hands so I do portraits for side cash. I work at a store close to home so its easier to get the kiddies out to school and be home quick after work.
Aside from that I have a cake business (Artsie Cakes) that I absolutely love because I paint my cakes with food coloring so I still get to use my art skills. I also spend a lot of my time volunteering at the local elementary school organizing events, fundraisers and the hot lunch program. I love that too because its a chance to give lots of kids a good meal.
I am a Department Manager for a water distribution and waste water collection system. My department is responsible for a wide variety of tasks including construction design and plan reviews, field inspections, well maintenance, water quality, mapping and GIS, utility line locating and several other tasks.
I graduate college thinking I was going to be a pharmacist. I was for a coupe years and then headed to Japan.

I started teaching English over here and loved it. I have run a small English conversation school out of my house for 12 years now. English is taught in school but it's mostly test style, grammar based around reading and translation. What I do is teach students English so they can talk to people ... eventually :?

I teach medical English part-time at a local university and at a nursing college nearby.

I also make my own materials for teaching and have posted those on various websites that I run.
I'm a freelance writer. If you want something written, I'll do it.

Right now, my main work is reporting on politics and government for the local weekly newspaper. My beat is my small town and I cover anything going on in the town government. I also cover as many feature stories as possible.

My best friend calls me a "word whore" as I'll write for just about anyone who will pay me. I love writing so much that even when I'm not getting paid, I'm writing something.
Wow, quite the variety indeed. I think I notice quite the trend towards creativity here though. :)

The McDonald's thing, I wouldn't be ashamed of that at all. My better half is ~25 years into her career with them & has been a restaurant manager for most of that time. That company has been good to us. Funny story, when I was getting ready to pull the pin on my extended post secondary career I went to a job fair my University was hosting & had a scheduled appointment with representatives from The Home Depot to talk more about their management trainee program. They asked me "so, how would you feel about relocating?" My answer, well, my fiancée is a McDonald's manager & in all likelihood, anywhere you'd want to move me to, she'd be able to go to as well, so, I'm open to it. Their response "is she looking for work?". Aha, ok, i'll just show myself out.

LOL

In reality, despite having spent a whole whack of time doing undergrad and grad level work in Environmental Chemistry, I'm currently Supply Chain Manager for the Canadian manufacturing operations of a major global corporation which, now, focuses entirely on commercial print, graphics and imaging. Unrelated? Yes.

I also sideline as a sports action photographer specializing in youth fastpitch, soccer and hockey; i'm a volunteer lifeboat coxswain and im a coach (three different ways... ugh).
So much talent here! I always love seeing people say they love their job. I'm pretty blessed to be one of those people.

I am a Regional Support Partner for an amazing franchise of specialty toy stores. I get to work with and help around 30 stores in my two regions (they include: Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Nebraska, Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky, and now New York)!

I just arrived in Niagara Falls today and will be here until mid-November to open a new store. It's my first Halloween away from home which will be difficult... But I packed my versa-tool and am excited to spread the ZP carving love to Niagara Falls! :thumbsup: