Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By SCAREcrow
Hello, my name is Caroline. I live in Ontario and I am from a little town called Paris. Currently I am in my fourth and final year at Trent university in Peterborough where I am working towards my Bachelor of Science with Honors, majoring in Environmental and Natural Resource Sciences.

I found Zombie Pumpkins last year since I was sick of buying the standard pumpkin stencil kits from Walmart - kind of infuriating when you spend so much time carving kins' and you see 20 of the same one around town. Last year my boyfriend and I carved 6 patterns from ZP and they turned out great! I would post pictures but I am new to the whole forum thing and have yet to figure it out.

I have enjoyed reading about past experiences, especially posts with advice on speeding things up - so I decided to become a member. I am especially interested in trying out some power tools this year to really get things moving.

Look forward to chatting with everyone! :thumbsup:

-Caroline
By NikkiRae
Welcome to the forum, Caroline! Hope you enjoy it. Happy carving! :D

As for a power tool to speed things up, the only one I've ever used for my carving is the pumpkin gutter tool that attaches to a drill. It's much better than gutting and scraping by hand. My boyfriend and I have been using it for 3 years now. We get through 6 pumpkins in about 45 minutes. Also, we always have two drills for the job, both fully charged. But totally worth it!
By nosferatu
Hi Caroline

Welcome to the forum. Have a great Halloween and success in your final year. I'm old school I have the power tools but prefer the old fashioned pumpkin scoop. Don't forget to post pictures of what you carve.
By SuperSonic
Loving the Canadians popping out of the shadows!. Welcome to the forums :) Hope to see some of your carves!
By monstermash
Welcome to the forums SCAREcrow. You've popped in at the right time. Can't wait to see what you carve. I'm an old fashioned gal so I couldn't help you with the power tools but there usually someone here to cover just about any query you might have. :D
By Raven
Welcome to the forum!

I second (third, fourth?) the pumpkin gutter tool, especially if you are doing more than one pumpkin at once. While I don't mind scooping out the seeds and stuff it's a godsend for thinning the walls of the 'kin. It took me a few times to get the hang of it, but now that I did I don't think I will ever go without it.

Good luck in your academic endeavors as well! My husband is currently pursuing his PhD. in Electrical Engineering while holding down a full time job at the University in the Civil and Environmental Engineering departments and is a member of the Golden Key Honor Society and Tau Beta Pi. I've watched his stress level go from "YAY COLLEGE!" to "What the hell was I thinking?!". :P

I hope you share some pictures with us! We like seeing it all from carvings to decorations!
Welcome Caroline! I love seeing new members. I liked hearing a bit about your life and how you found your way to Zombie Pumpkins. Consider this your new Halloween home. You'll be advancing your craft in leaps and bounds.