Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
Nice to see everyones art :) Seems I may have lucked out with my first:

This is a memorial for my Dad, I really wish I went to a better artist for this one, but its still amazing in my mind

Got this gem while living in St.John's NFLD. When I got done college and spent 3 days back at home I went a little crazy, packed up my Jeep, drove to NFLD and ended up staying for 6 mos. Made so many great friends and memories. I also went back for 2 weeks last Christmas and stayed with a few of my friends. What an amazing place

These are my black spruce trees/sharp shinned hawk. I have spent 6 summers working at remote/float plane access only fishing lodges in Northern Ontario so this is in memory of my surroundings. Thinking of adding some more to this, a deer, fish underneath - something I can play around with
I don't have any and never will. It is something I sadly don't get. My brother has them, he even had his head shaved so that he could have one done on his skull and temples. His hair has long since grown back and covered it all. Maybe that was the reason, all that pain and all that expense.

Kudos to those that do have them though, I certainly appreciate the art of them. My favorite tattoo was in the news recently. A Liverpool fan had Kolo Toure tattooed on him as he is his favourite player. Sadly, the artist misspelled it and it reads Kolo Touro. I love fails like that particularly mischievous artists who use foreign script that when translated means something totally inappropriate.
So I just had this one done on my inner left bicep (more like a no-cep) yesterday. Elvish script that translates to: "My heart sings to see thee. Ever is thy sight a joy." That is the top, and bottom line. The center line is my two daughters' birthdays using the Elvish spelling of April and June (Viresse & Narie). I'm a huge fan of Tolkien, obviously :)

Last edited by chuckwagon on Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
So here is the memorial piece I got today for my Dad... That's his signature from the paperwork on the purchase of our family home in 1982 when I was born. And you'll obviously notice the infinity loop around the signature in a torn purple ribbon effect, with a lot of shading. It goes from dark purples, to lighter purples, and even has a touch of teal and white in a few spots. Just finished about 3 hours ago...

Last edited by chuckwagon on Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seems like I've been ink happy recently. Today I had yet another piece added. It's a hometown homage to my beautiful Charlotte, NC. Designed by an amateur (yet extremely talented) artist on reddit that offered to design this for free based on my description via message boards. The crown is the symbol of Charlotte. Quite literally for the crown worn by Queen Charlotte, wife of George III. Thus, our nickname "The Queen City". The '704' is our local area code, and the 'ORIGINAL' is because I am a rare breed of native Charlotte residents still living in the city, not to mention that I am a 5th generation Charlottean at that! I know this place like the back of my hand. And the 1982, of course, is the year I was born. This idea originally came to me in the wake of my fathers death on St. Patrick's Day. Emotionally I wanted something to say that I was proud to be from here, proud to be here currently, and proud to stay here for as long as I can see, and I wanted the design to resemble a sort of stamp, or seal that kinda sent the message of me being a "product" of Charlotte. I think the guy that drew this up pretty much NAILED IT!

This was the original design, but the '1982' had to be moved out of the circle, as you will notice, because the original size of the piece was going to be too small to allow for aging and color run, so my Tattoo guy at the shop and I elected to move the date out, enlarge it, and put it under the proverbial "stamp" to keep it all together, but separate, in that now the design can be for any native Charlottean.