Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By sstory
Just found this site and it looks like a great place to hang out during pumpkin carving time. I started carving pumpkins from patters about 14 years ago. Started out carving on real pumpkins but was always mad when I had to toss out the pumpkin after a few days -- after all of the hard work in carving. Then I discovered the foam pumpkins from one of the local craft stores. Then I started carving a new pumpkin every year and adding it to my collection. Unfortunately in a divorce, the ex got all of my pumpkins :x so I had to start all over. I've remarried about 7 years ago and my wife I and have a pumpkin carving party every year with our friends. I've saved all of the pattern books I've collected over the many years as well as all of the tools that came with the pattern books. I've even purchased some very nice carving tools with wooden handles -- but nobody else gets to use these tools due to the delecate blade that is great for small details when carving. We've got lots of scary pumpkins but the last couple of years I've always tried to carve a pumpkin that goes along with our hobbies. A couple of years ago I found a travel trailer pattern since we had just purchased a travel trailer to go camping. This year I'm in search of a pattern for a pontoon boat since that has been our most recent purchase. I look forward to sharing carving patterns and tips and I'll try to post up pictures of all of the carved pumpkins that I have currently. Happy carving to everyone!
By nosferatu
Welcome to the forum! Never seen a pattern for a pontoon boat before but hey, if you suggest it, you never know!

Look forward to seeing pictures of your carves. Have a great Halloween. You've arrived just in time for the site relaunch and fresh patterns.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Welcome sstory! Sounds like you have a long history would pumpkin carving. Glad you found this place. And you've taught us all a great lesson. The importance of the prenuptial pumpkin agreement!
By Raven
Welcome to the site!

I am sorry to hear of your divorce and the loss of your faux 'kins, but I have to admit, I laughed when you said she got all the pumpkins. Let this be a warning to all the single members of the board! Protect your 'kins! :lol:
By Pumpken
Your story sounds very similar to mine. I, too, got tired of throwing away all that hard work so started carving foam pumpkins. Although I still carve 20-30 real ones every year. Fortunately, I didn't discover the foam ones until after my divorce, so I still have my entire collection.

Welcome to the board. I am sure you will have lots of fun, and I look forward to seeing the photos of your carves. :thumbsup:
By MooBoo
Welcome, can't wait to see your carves :D
By SuperSonic
Lot's of new people popping up this year, more than last if memory serves.

Welcome to the patch! Hope we see some of your carves.
By wookie66
Welcome to the site, but sorry to hear about your lost foamies. I'm married and have about 30 foam pumpkins in the house. I think I need to call a lawyer and get some extra paperwork drawn up.
By sstory
Heres one of my favorites - this a Pumpkin Masters pattern. Ive had to do this one twice - the first one got eaten by my lab when he got bored one day. This one takes me awhile to carve - along with a 6-pack.

By SuperSonic
sstory wrote:Heres one of my favorites - this a Pumpkin Masters pattern. Ive had to do this one twice - the first one got eaten by my lab when he got bored one day. This one takes me awhile to carve - along with a 6-pack.

Hey Ryan, heres an idea for the Phantom Phrases. :thumbsup: :frank: :pirate:
By Ash
I havn't done a pumpkin masters *cough* pattern in a long time but has anyone noticed the pumpkin masters stuff is real "cartooney" now? I remember they used to have some real creepy looking patterns now they all seem more oriented towards younger audiences almost.

Not that it matters since Ryan's stuff is of much higher quality.
By sstory
If I offended anyone by posting the picture of a pattern from another source, my applogies. If this is not allowed, I will remove it.