Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By Raven
sstory wrote:If I offended anyone by posting the picture of a pattern from another source, my applogies. If this is not allowed, I will remove it.

Nah, I've done it and so have other's. We are cool with it as long as you don't start saying other pattern are better than ZP! patterns.
Ash wrote:I havn't done a pumpkin masters *cough* pattern in a long time but has anyone noticed the pumpkin masters stuff is real "cartooney" now? I remember they used to have some real creepy looking patterns now they all seem more oriented towards younger audiences almost.

Not that it matters since Ryan's stuff is of much higher quality.
I haven't carved one of theirs in a long time either, but every year I buy the pattern book. I just have to have it. However, I looked at this year's and skipped it. There wasn't anything I even slightly wanted.

There used to be a time, long ago, where you could buy individual patterns from PM, stuff that didn't come out in their pattern books. I got some cool patterns that way. This was back before ZP! even existed. Now I feel old. :P
By chuckwagon
Welcome sstory!!! I'm not at all offended, and I doubt anyone else is. I can definitely sympathize with going through a divorce as I am currently in the same situation. It's very rough, and there are always some sort of hard feelings, no matter how big or small, left behind in the wake, but we get back up on the horse and dust ourselves off. My ex loved Halloween, but didn't care for my pumpkin carves thankfully, so I got to keep all of mine, and now I don't have anyone to tell me that I can't display them year round in my house on shelves. So glad your here to have some fun with the rest of us! Can't wait to see more of your carves. You came along at just the right time too, cause business is about to pick up around here with the new site launch looming!!

Hey PatchMaster, Looking in my crystal ball I can see the subtle image of a pontoon boat pattern for "summer spirits" :D
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Ash wrote:I havn't done a pumpkin masters *cough* pattern in a long time but has anyone noticed the pumpkin masters stuff is real "cartooney" now? I remember they used to have some real creepy looking patterns now they all seem more oriented towards younger audiences almost.

Not that it matters since Ryan's stuff is of much higher quality.
Aw shucks. Well PM has been around longer than me, but after the family owned company sold the rights to a larger corporation, some say they lost a bit of their heart. The patterns these days are fairly simple and cartoony. Good for kids and beginner carvers. But I know people want some variety, including some challenging patterns and the frightening things.

sstory wrote:If I offended anyone by posting the picture of a pattern from another source, my applogies. If this is not allowed, I will remove it.
Oh no, no harm done. You're welcome to show off any carvings you've done, regardless of where you got the pattern. We just might tease you a little for being a traitor. :P Kidding. Sort of. :wink: