Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By Kittie
Hi everyone! What a year it has been. I know some of you follow us on Youtube (if not you can find us here http://www.Youtube.com/GonetotheSnowDogs and here http://www.Youtube.com/WithouttheSnowDogs ) so some of you may already know all of the crazy things that have gone on. I am not sure if I posted it here, but most of you know Jamie and I have Siberian Huskies. Our oldest girl, Shiloh, passed away on Jan 17, 2013. She was 11 years old, and she had a tumor that was pressing on her cranial nerve. She was our first dog, we got her before we even got married. So it has been an up and down year for us. It was very hard to lose her. On April 4th, the newest member of our family was born! We brought her home at the end of May and her name is Memphis. She has been a wonderful addition to our family, and I am glad we decided to get another dog to add to the pack. Oakley and Shelby sure seem happy she is here too. We are still running our Deli, and our Youtube channel has grown a lot this past year! So needless to say we have been busy! We also finally upgraded and bought a Travel Trailer so we have been doing a lot of camping! But it's that time of year again and we are getting ready to prepare for our display! We had 85 last year. .. . . I think we can top it this year!

Here is our new little brown eyed girl, Memphis!

And here is one of all three, Memphis, Shelby and Oakley
By nosferatu
Hi Kittie and welcome back.

Sorry to hear of the passing of your dog, Shiloh. I can empathise, we have Miniature Schnauzers who are 15 and one of them died in May. The other one still goes into the hall, sits down and stares at the front door. Like you we had them before we were married.

Memphis looks a beauty!

Look forward to seeing your carves again. You always put on such a great looking display, maybe top the 100 mark?
By nosferatu
GeordieKin wrote:I'm sorry too, Kittie. Your huskies are So beautiful! My niece has two, and they are a handful, but very much loved. I painted Murphy, her white husky, if you are interested in looking.

http://andyzermanski.files.wordpress.co ... 24x695.jpg

I'm sure she would love to see yours, so I'll tell her about your Youtube channel.
That is cool!
By Kittie
GeordieKin wrote:I'm sorry too, Kittie. Your huskies are So beautiful! My niece has two, and they are a handful, but very much loved. I painted Murphy, her white husky, if you are interested in looking.

http://andyzermanski.files.wordpress.co ... 24x695.jpg

I'm sure she would love to see yours, so I'll tell her about your Youtube channel.

Beautiful!!!
Yeah we do 3 videos a week with our girls! it's a lot of fun!
By Kittie
Yeah, she was my little princess for sure. There was just something about Shiloh. Everyone loved her. We miss her very much. Even Halloween will not be the same without her.
By amandap80
Kittie, so sorry to hear about Shiloh. Your babies are all gorgeous and look just darling. Nice to see you around the forum this year!
By staticfurball
Sorry to hear about Shiloh. The new puppy is adorable and looks nice and healthy :) Glad to be back on the forum this season and it's nice to see so many others here as well.
Glad to have you check in Kittie. For those who haven't followed your YouTube videos or other sites, it's good to have an update on what's been happening in your life. Hope your Halloween is the best yet, and your new pup enjoys being part of the fun. By the way, I've always thought that your dogs have the coolest names.
By Kittie
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:Glad to have you check in Kittie. For those who haven't followed your YouTube videos or other sites, it's good to have an update on what's been happening in your life. Hope your Halloween is the best yet, and your new pup enjoys being part of the fun. By the way, I've always thought that your dogs have the coolest names.
It's always a huge process for me when Naming my dogs. I don't know why. . .
Shiloh was named after the Battle of Shiloh, a battle of the Civil War where my great great great great grandfather actually fought. Her full name was Shiloh the Confederate (my family fought on the side o the south) Shelby is named after two things. First She is named after Shelbyville Tennesee (another Civil War fight sight), and 2nd, she is name after Elanor from the Movie Gone in 60 Seconds. Shelby's full name is actually Shelby Mustang (hehehe). Oakley came with her name. We debated changing it, but I really liked it, found it to be a bit different, and unique, so she stayed Oakley. She doesn't have a technical full name, but if she it would probably be Oakley Doakley hehe.

After Shiloh passed, and we were ready for our new dog, I knew I wanted to honor Shiloh in some way, so I knew the new dog would also have a Southern/Civil War name tie in somehow. I started going over books, articles, trying to narrow down a few names. Memphis just kept showing up at the top of the list. I liked it because it had the ties I wanted it to have, it was different, it was unique, and I knew it would fit her well. But my husband wasn't 100% convinced on the name. We were out to dinner one night, and talking with some friends and we were talking about names and the other dog names. All of a sudden I realized the 2nd tie we needed. I looked at Jamie and just said Memphis Raines, and he had the biggest smile on his face and just said. . Yup. . you can name her Memphis.

For those of you that haven't caught the 2nd tie yet, Memphis Raines is the car thief from the movie Gone in 60 Seconds. . . his Unicorn . . was a car named Elanor. . . which is the car Shelby is named after. . . so it all came full circle! Memphis's full name is Highlander's Memphis Belle. Highlander is the kennel we got her from. :)

So there is the story of the dogs names! heheheh
By SuperSonic
So sorry to hear that you lost Shiloh! I know the feeling as well, I have had a few pets in my life time. A part of you just leaves.

However, I'm glad to hear that everything else is fine, Memphis is beautiful, and that your back for another crazy Halloween season! Welcome home!
By Kittie
RavensDestiny wrote:In reality she thinks of me when she names them. I live in Tennessee and so far all names have a connection to TN. I thoroughly approve of them all. :D
You know it girl! :)
You have to come to Cedar Point Next year and meet up with us!!!! Halloweekend at Cedar Point was amazing!