Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By bogganogga
Hi all, new to the site, i stumbled across it whilst looking for some different pumpkin designs. We usually get a lot of interest at our house every halloween due to our pumpkins aswell as all the other decorations, scenes & inflatables but this year i want to do more intricate, detailed pumpkin designs that will definitley be the talk of the village ;)
By Raven
bogganogga wrote: this year i want to do more intricate, detailed pumpkin designs that will definitley be the talk of the village ;)
Then you have come to the right place! Welcome to the site! I look forward to seeing pictures of your carvings and decorations!
By nosferatu
Welcome to the site. Great username. Look forward to seeing your carves.
By bogganogga
Thanks for the warm welcome, i still class myself as an amateur when it comes to carving pumpkins but at least i've been brave enough to stray from the path of normality & using stencils, have created some different pumpkins for a few years now. I just need to master the techniques that a lot of you use to create something really outstanding. Oh well, practice makes perfect i suppose :?
By Hottie McNaughty
bogganogga wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome, i still class myself as an amateur when it comes to carving pumpkins but at least i've been brave enough to stray from the path of normality & using stencils, have created some different pumpkins for a few years now. I just need to master the techniques that a lot of you use to create something really outstanding. Oh well, practice makes perfect i suppose :?
Not only does practice make perfect but it's *fun* too!
By bogganogga
[/quote]Not only does practice make perfect but it's *fun* too![/quote]

Hell Yeah it is, we're all big kids at heart :D
By MooBoo
Welcome to the board, can't wait to see your carves. :D
By monstermash
Welcome, welcome. I hope we get to see your carves and decorations. Its always interesting to see what a fellow Brit comes up with in the way of decorations considering how rare they are these days. How many pumpkins are you planning to carve this year?
By bogganogga
I'm not sure about them getting rare, i just think halloween decorations etc just haven't taken off over here like they have in the States. it's good fun for both kids & adults alike, such a shame it hasn't taken off big over here :cry: Every year i have grave yard scenes, inflatables, a minimum of 6 pumpkins, then there's the ghosts, monsters, witches, lots of signs etc, we get a good crowd every year & a lot who come to have their pictures taken with some of the decorations, but the most the neighbours can muster is 1 standard generic pumpkin on their doorstep or in their window & that's just the ones who bother at all :? I know there's a recession on but it doesn't have to break the bank at all, i've added something new every year so now i have a good collection but you can create some really good decorations with some household items & recycling old cardboard boxes etc :wink:
By monstermash
I hear you, you don't need money to have a prop filled halloween. I make the majority of my own props, most of which are made from stuff ive either been given or have found at recycling centers, building sites etc. What I meant is there just isn't the same choice or standard here as there is in say, the U.S or Canada.
I'm hopful that halloween will get more popular here. As long as us hardcore h'weeners keep at it. :D
By SuperSonic
Welcome to the site, with a comment like that, your bound to love the patterns that ZP! provides!!

Trust me. You will be the talk of the town. I say this from experience.

Well, at least my neighborhood, which is more than enough for me :)
By Hottie McNaughty
I don't decorate a lot for Halloween other than my carves. I had bunch of Christmas lights stolen off my house a couple of years ago so if it can't be zip tied down then I don't put it out. But with between 25-35 carves a year people do enjoy coming back each year to see them!