Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
Hi everyone! Wow, its great to see so many people into pumpkin carving, especially from the UK 8) ! I've been registered to this site for about 6 months now and I've been waiting ages for the Pumpkins to come out in the shops.

I'm 24 and throw a huge Halloween party once a year, although this year it'll be later as my dads recovering from an operation. so Halloween for me and my mates is after Guy faulks night ( Round the time the yanks celebrate thanks giving I think?!). I live in a medium sized village called Wombourne and enjoy going out with my friends and chatting the ladies up! What!!! Oh c'mon I am a red blooded human! :lol:

I'm a kitchen Designer, which means I dont do a hell of alot of designing really, so I enjoy carving. I've even tried to make my own stencils.... with mixed results.

heros for pumpkins for me would include, Patrick Moser and Scott Cummins - Wouldn't we all want to be as good as they are oneday? Tom Nardane, Who is out on the edge of darkness when it comes to what you should do with your pumpkins ( kids, leave it to the professionals), he's definitely a mad pioneer! oh, and of course Ryan Wickstrand who's amazing stencils has brought the art of carving to the masses.

Heres onr for the other brits, does anyone know where to find the elusive white 'Lumia' pumpkins? I know asda do a very limited number but they've ran out round here!

Hope to hear from you lot soon

Dans Banana Loaf Cake

Daniel Clarke
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Ok Dan... someone has to finally come out and ask you. From where does this "Dans Banana Loafcake" name originate?
By Dans banana Loafcake
:lol: :lol:

It's taken you a year to ask that. You'll be disappointed.

You've heard of Dan Cakes right? Its a brand of cake. Anyway they do a banana loaf cake. I didn't know this until I entered a pub quiz and one of the team's names was Dans banana loafcake. After that we never saw them again and over time we used it for our quiz team name. I found it funny so adopted it a my internet identity too.

When we were kids, me and my friends used to say "your baking a loaf" when either of us had really big hair. I'm blonde, hence the banana bit so it just stuck.

Told you, you'd be disappointed

Dan's banana loafcake
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Yeah, I've always wondered. I don't know why it took me a year to ask. I guess I was waiting for someone else to bring it up. Heh.

But I'm anything but disappointed. I mean, how often do you hear a story that involves pubs, cakes, and poofy yellow hair? I'll tell you... not often. :)
By Dans banana Loafcake
:lol: :lol: Haha,

Cheers dude, I've never actually tried a Dans banana loafcake either, I really should I suppose.

Dan
By Aylortay
I've never even heard of Dan's cakes!
By Dans banana Loafcake
Think its a German company.

Maybe they only supply to European countrys?

I dont think I've even tried Dan Cake come to think about it, mind you I have a nut allergy so I have to be careful what I eat.

Dan
By Tkaraoke
Aylortay wrote:I've never even heard of Dan's cakes!
That's because you're a silly American *AND* a girl! Two strikes against ya! ROFLMAO! :P

Speaking of strikes, I better exit stage left before I get one right the eye! LOL
By Tkaraoke
Not to rub it in, Dan but feast your peepes on these:

Are these the ones you are talking about? They might not be because they are a little more bluish than white.
By Dans banana Loafcake
Yeah I remember last yaer I had an obsession in finding white pumpkins, thought they'd look cool. I did find one in the end.... only one! It was the only one delivered to the store aparently. It was small but I loved it. Carved Oogie Boogie on it.

During the spring/summer, me and my dad tried to grow some white Lumina pumpkins and in the end we got a small one growing. Its still in the back garden awaiting picking.

We also grew a crown prince variety as well which looks alot like yours Tkaraoke. However the only pumpkin we got off it was tiny, look how big it is compared to my toaster! :cry: :oops:

I was however very supprised to see it had bright orange flesh, considering it outer grey complection! Looks like the growing part of pumpkins isn't my strong suit!
:(

Dan
By Tkaraoke
Those ones were from a new pumpkin source I found called The Red Barn Farm in Weston, Missouri which is about 15 miles north from where I live here in KC. I have some other great pics to share but I'm going to go out there later next week and pick some larger pumpkins for my special carving projects this year. I don't know if those pumpkins in my picture would do a carver any good since they have lots of pumpkin "cleavage". LOL
By amandap80
Hey Dan, I had been dying to ask too...I thought it was simply a random combination of words to create a unique handle, like ...uh...
Hot strawberry underpants
By Tkaraoke
Speaking of white pumpkins...

I saw some at Walmart the other night and they were all about the same size as the one you had, Dan. It might just be the nature of the beast because I have yet to see any white pumpkins as large as your average normal variety.
By Dans banana Loafcake
amandap80 wrote:I thought it was simply a random combination of words to create a unique handle, like ...uh...
Hot strawberry underpants
:lol: :lol:

I had a few passwords that were just randomness like that. but no trust me there is logic in the madness: Dan's (my) Banana (blonde) Loafcake (big, poofy hair) so it translates as my big blonde poofy hair!Hahaha :lol: !

Yeah Tkaraoke I think your right about the white pumpkins, they seem to be the runt of the pumpkin litter. If anyone has ever seen a normal sized one please let me know.

Dan
By Dans banana Loafcake
Amazing news everybody, Dan's Banana Loafcake the pub quiz team that is, won the quiz last night for the first time :shock: ! We've only been doing it for 7 years! We won with a clear five points, winning beer tokens, so if anyone can get over here to the UK the beers are on me! (sodajazz, Mattspud?)

It was the proudest moment of my life, forget graduating from University or getting my first job! I'm sure getting married and becomming a father will be close, but I'll have to wait and see. :lol: :wink:

Dan

P.S. We defend the title next week