A murder of crows!

Going back as far as TV's early black and white days, there have always been scads of supernatural series.

A murder of crows!

Postby purple1worm » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:56 pm

Just watched on PBS the show "nature" ( murder of crows).
How fascinating! I knew crows were smart but not how much!
They make tools ( only 2 other animals besides us do that, elephants and chimps) !
They recognize faces, comuniacte differently to family and other crows with different tones. H
ave different warning sounds for humans, hawks and cats!
They also mate in pairs and the older sibblings stick around and help parents with the younger chicks!
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. - Edgar A. Poe
Unleashed Zombie Pumpkin!

Postby Hottie McNaughty » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:08 pm

I did wildlife rescue for a while and even when they're injured, crows are wily little buggers and are hard to catch! Plus you have to work around the other family crows trying to protect them.
Hottie McNaughty
Cursed Zombie Pumpkin!

Postby mudd » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:19 pm

ive always liked crows, i guess i better put that on my viewing wish list of nature,animal, curious, personal interest list.
Pulpy Pumpkin

Postby Nikki » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:35 pm

That is interesting stuff! Once I ended up taking a baby crow to the Animal Rescue ...forget the park but it way out in the boonies of California that specialized in Wilflide Birds. I had it in a little Laundry bucket with some towlels..

It actually let me pet it's head since I was the one holding it while a close friend was driving :) They are lovely birds
I know the mystery I know the secret.
Rotten Pumpkin