Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By suzika
We made a trip to the pumpkin patch this weekend and my fears were all for naught, the kins were beautiful.

So beautiful that I had to stop myself as at six dollars a piece it gets pricey very fast.

That is the front passenger seat, my nephews are in the back. Luckily, my husband met us there from work so I had room for these as the trunk of the car is full of things like camp chairs, emergency stuff, and my gimp gear (wheelchair and canes/walker as I am gimpy.)

It was a pretty damn warm day, the boys were in shorts so none of my pictures look particularly fallish. It was fun though, I'll have pictures up on flickr soon.

And more pictures of my pumpkins that are resting on the deck for now. I imagine a few of the ugly grocery store pumpkins will find it home when I am grocery shopping over the next couple weeks.

I also ended up with one odd looking gourd, but, no white pumpkins this year. They had ones called "white lightning" that I didn't like the look of the skin, the luminas I have gotten in years past were much better looking.
Last edited by suzika on Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By GUS
Congrats, the season is forming!
By monstermash
Nice kins suzika. How many did you end up with?
By purple1worm
Nice!! Happy carving! :D
By suzika
monstermash wrote:Nice kins suzika. How many did you end up with?
Right now there are thirteen on the deck, and one pretty big one in the trunk of my car. I found the big one at the grocery store tonight and couldn't resist. I don't think I am going to wait until halloween weekend to carve this year, I do believe this coming weekend will see at least one.
By nosferatu
Great stuff! At the moment I have exactly .......none.So very jealous and they look a great size too. Looking forward to seeing them carved
By suzika
We ended up with 29 real pumpkins, 4 foamies, and here we go:

Cat by Moonlight and Vampire Kitty (two of my entries for the Razor Sharp Kittens contest.
Pretty Poison, PatchMaster, Bat. These are 3/4 of the foamies. I will have better pics of these soon, as by the time we got around to taking pics their glow sticks were almost dead.

Pretty Poison and Happy Flamey Jack (all foamies)

Zombie Hello Kitty
Oogie Boogie from "The Nightmare Before Christmas"
Eric Northman from True Blood
Bill Compton from True Blood
Sookie Stackhouse from True Blood
Sookie and Bill (on the same pumpkin
Samhain Skull
(kids designed)
Gargoyle

Creepy hands

Lightning McQueen
Thomas The Tank Engine
Stitch

Animal (woman! woman! woman!
Zombie Michael Jackson from Thriller video
Harry Potter (with screwed up eyes, sister's fiance did this one)
StayPuft marshmallow Man
Sam from Trick R Treat

Tre and Charlie's first time carving, and others I carved, designed by them (the big ones they did)

And just for giggles, Tony and my costume. Yes, he's a whoopie cushion and I'm a plague doctor.
By nosferatu
Loving the whoppe costume and your hands must be aching after all that carving. Loving the True Blood double carving on one kin pic. Great stuff1
By CombichristGirl
nosferatu wrote:Loving the whoppe costume and your hands must be aching after all that carving. Loving the True Blood double carving on one kin pic. Great stuff1
and great job on your mask! it turned out great :)
By suzika

We took videos of most of the Jack's in our yard, and set them to music.

Thanks for the compliments on the mask, I am so unartistic that I was very proud of myself for working something out.
By Ajax
Everything looks great, trueblood especially.
By suzika
Thanks, Ajax. The Eric Northman pumpkin is my avatar on Facebook now. I love those three patterns so very much.
By purple1worm
Very nice carves!! :D