Corpse Bride Tombstones ~ Poe ~ Frankenstein and His Bride ~

How do you transform your haunted home? Seek decorating advice or show us your display and prop process.

Postby GUS » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:13 am

Believe me we sellers are very cautious of buyers & share our blocked bidder lists highlighting problematic buyers out to cause trouble, we block them without them even knowing or after they've kicked up a stink with reputable sellers.

there are thieves on both sides, often theiving sellers are thieving buyers too!
No, i'm not back.
(unlike Jonny)
GUS
Immortal Zombie Pumpkin!

Postby purple1worm » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:15 am

I agree there are thieves on boths sides. Wether seller or buyer , you have to be cautious!
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. - Edgar A. Poe
purple1worm
Cursed Zombie Pumpkin!

Postby CombichristGirl » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:42 pm

cant wait to see what you do with foamular
CombichristGirl
Unleashed Zombie Pumpkin!

Postby Chewy » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:42 pm

Very cool

question for you - how'd you do the "engraving". I did some googling and found some helpful guidances on it, but looking at yours it doesnt look like it was done the same way.

I'd like to try to avoid using the burning technique due to the fumes & the dremel router technique due to the crazy dust.

Thanks!
Chewy
Rotten Pumpkin

Postby CombichristGirl » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:14 am

Chewy wrote:Very cool

question for you - how'd you do the "engraving". I did some googling and found some helpful guidances on it, but looking at yours it doesnt look like it was done the same way.

I'd like to try to avoid using the burning technique due to the fumes & the dremel router technique due to the crazy dust.

Thanks!

if you dont wanna do either of those(dont blame ya) the next best thing is a nice sharp exacto knife and "v" cuts :)
CombichristGirl

Postby mesmark » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:37 pm

Chewy wrote:question for you - how'd you do the "engraving". ... I'd like to try to avoid using the burning technique due to the fumes & the dremel router technique due to the crazy dust.

Another option is to paste on pieces instead of engraving. Using an exacto knife, cut out your letters from a thin styrofoam sheet. Then paste then on with wood glue.
mesmark

Location: wandering the streets of Japan, looking for pumpkins ...

Postby CombichristGirl » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:31 pm

mesmark wrote:
Chewy wrote:question for you - how'd you do the "engraving". ... I'd like to try to avoid using the burning technique due to the fumes & the dremel router technique due to the crazy dust.

Another option is to paste on pieces instead of engraving. Using an exacto knife, cut out your letters from a thin styrofoam sheet. Then paste then on with wood glue.

oh great tip mes i totally forgot about that!!! :) i myself may have to use that for one of my last stones
CombichristGirl

Postby blueikaos » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:35 am

These are amazing!
blueikaos
Moldy Pumpkin

Postby CorpseBride » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:10 pm

CombichristGirl wrote:
Chewy wrote:Very cool

Thanks!

if you dont wanna do either of those(dont blame ya) the next best thing is a nice sharp exacto knife and "v" cuts :)

Yup! That is what I do! It is surprisingly very easy. Then after I have cut it and Glob paint (acrylic) into the letters. Then when I am spraypainting it generally stays out of the carved areas leaving a nice look of depth.
~ And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting ~
CorpseBride
Cursed Zombie Pumpkin!

Postby mesmark » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:31 pm

CB - are you spay painting the foam as is? Did you coat it with something first?
mesmark

Location: wandering the streets of Japan, looking for pumpkins ...

Postby CorpseBride » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:21 am

mesmark wrote:CB - are you spay painting the foam as is? Did you coat it with something first?

As is. I did a lot of research as to which brand does not eat the foam. I used all Krylon spray paints.

My first two layers were black (lightly) then white for accents. Then I used Krylon 'Make It Stone' to really give it that...well...stone appearance (i used sparingly though as I have a lot of tombs to make). Then I added more black and white for shadows. Then after all that I used regular acrylic paints to add brown/green drips and staining. The final step is a clear matte coat of Krylon spray paint.

Hope that helps a bit!
CorpseBride
Cursed Zombie Pumpkin!

Postby vibhandaka » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:02 pm

CB, those are amazing!!! You should definitely try to sell them! I would much rather buy from you than Garden Ridge, lol. I can't get over how real they look. :)
"They're all gonna laugh at you!"
vibhandaka
Decayed Pumpkin

Postby staticfurball » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:58 pm

Thats awesome, you could personalise them for people too...maybe put a dreaded mother in laws name on some lol :twisted: ...just kidding love ya mum! Hihihi
And the angles, all pallid and wan,
uprising, unveiling, affirm
That the play is the tragedy "Man"
and its hero the Conqueror worm.
staticfurball
Decayed Pumpkin

Postby CorpseBride » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:44 am

A year later I finally finished the Frankenstein and Frankenstein's Bride tombstone :D Another great use for stencils!

I used Hot Blood for the realistic blood effect on the letters.
CorpseBride
Cursed Zombie Pumpkin!

Postby zombombie » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:01 am

WOW :shock: That looks fantastic!! That last photo is great :D
Formerly known as Edinburghzombie

Follow me on twitter! twitter.com/zombombie
zombombie
Immortal Zombie Pumpkin!

PreviousNext

Return to Halloween Displays & Prop Building