My mask is done, albeit it ended up completely different than it started. I started with the cone and paper mache, went through all that, and painted it yesterday, and hated it. It just didn't look right, and I went ahead and pulled out last year's vampire costume thinking I'd rewear that.
Well, while looking at the mask, and pulling out some other Halloween stuff I remembered the felt I had left from a Thanksgiving project last year. I ended up hot gluing felt to the mask, brown for the face, orange for the beak, cannibalizing an old pair of Harry Potter costume glasses and now I love the mask. As soon as my husband leaves for work I'll be finishing the robe, then I'll try and get pictures. I wish I had taken pictures through the whole process but, I always end up in a Halloween rush with way too much going on.