Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
So yesterday I discovered a small soft spot near the stem of another pumpkin (the second one that got me worried when I reeled them all in last week). I didn't want to risk losing this one as well, so I just carved it right away.

Because I wanted to take no risk at it going bad fast, I cut of the entire top and just turned it upside down.

So here she glows:

Last edited by Dadja on Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:06 pm, edited 8 times in total.
By CombichristGirl
she came out great! the green really adds to it. that was just the pumpkins way of saying carve me now darnit :lol: :lol: :lol:
By nosferatu
Wow! Fab photography. Great carving

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
By nosferatu
Thanks. I'll remember that!
By Raven
Very nice! Love the lighting on the photo too.
By purple1worm
very nice! I'd like to try carving her this year for sure!
By SuperSonic
Dadja wrote:thank you both! glad you like it.

@ Nos: 15 second shutter time in completely dark room
No flash I presume.

Great carve and lighting :)
By hkzombie
that is a gorgeous pumpkin, the green makes it spectacular! great job! did you use a colored light for that one? Good idea on saving it and turning it upside down, I can't really tell the difference! :)
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Stunning work, as usual, Dadja. Sorry that this pumpkin forced you to carve it early, but sometimes these zombie pumpkins get anxious. It's a benefit to us, we get to see awesome carving photos early!
By Euri
Looks fantastic! Good thinking on the cutting off the top and flipping it. I never would have thought of that! She looks beautiful! :D The lighting is perfect.
By Dadja
Another one that had to be carved early because of a rotten stem. As some of you know, I carve one for my grandma every year, so I decided to do that now, and because of the s****y (oops, there goes the censor again) weather lately, I thought a smiling sun would be nice...