Halloween "Color Blanks" figures

Show off your own creations or other Halloween artwork you've found. From sketches to sculpts, creativity breeds here.

Halloween "Color Blanks" figures

Postby KILLER KLOWN » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:49 pm

Color Blanks for Halloween! :!: Design your own toy :D I had to hold myself back from buying the entire bin full...
KILLER KLOWN
Decayed Pumpkin

Postby Zombie Pumpkins! » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:12 pm

Oooooh my. That is right up your alley. And I do believe I may need to try my hand at painting one of these too. Where'd you find 'em!?
Zombie Pumpkins!
Patch Master

Postby JimmOfTheDead » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:15 pm

I picked up one of the pumpkin-headed guys from Michael's. I tried to color one with the markers provided, but that was a sticky mistake. After washing the marker off best I could, I started painting the guy instead. I also made a little vest out of felt for the guy, because I knew the stickers wouldn't actually stay if I tried them.

Anyway, once I get him finished I'll be sure to post pictures. Michael's had pumpkins and Frankenstein monsters, I think that's all they make. I want to say $3.99, but I don't remember for sure...
JimmOfTheDead
Twisting Pumpkin Vine

Postby JimmOfTheDead » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:18 pm

Actually, the website http://www.colorblanks.com/ shows a bunch of other guys, mostly animals and a couple Easter ones. The Halloween guys aren't on there yet.
JimmOfTheDead
Twisting Pumpkin Vine

Postby Zombie Pumpkins! » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:07 am

Ah cool, thanks for the info Jimm. The included markers and stickers seem to be aimed at crafty kids, but in the hands of a "big kid" with a little painting skill, some wicked art could come of these.
Zombie Pumpkins!
Patch Master

Postby CombichristGirl » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:16 am

awe man i want some darn you micheals darn you :!: :!:
CombichristGirl
Unleashed Zombie Pumpkin!

Postby Batgirl » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:02 pm

welp... there goes a portion of my paycheck!
What do we want?!?
Braains!
When do we want 'em?!?
Braaaains!!
Batgirl
Mushy Pumpkin

Postby zombombie » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:38 am

Must. Find. In. UK.....
zombombie
Immortal Zombie Pumpkin!

Postby Raven » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:38 pm

I almost picked up a couple of these at Michaels the other day. I think I will go back and get a few. Looks like a lot of fun. They also have a great little wooden coffin ready to paint. When you open it evil laughter sounds. Michaels has some great Halloween crafts. :)
"Who is this irresistible creature who has an insatiable love for the dead?" (Formerly known as RavensDestiny)
Raven
Immortal Zombie Pumpkin!

Postby Raven » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:02 pm

I've already gone back to Michaels and bought a few of these. They didn't have many left, but maybe there is more in the back to restock the bin. I think I will skip the markers and use paint, although I'm not nearly as artistic as many of you guys here. I bought two of the Frankenstein's monsters and will try and make one into a bride. I have the feeling I will be heading back to try and get more once my nephews see these.

Thank you Killer Klown for posting the pic of these out of the boxes. Convinced me I needed to get a few. :D
"Who is this irresistible creature who has an insatiable love for the dead?" (Formerly known as RavensDestiny)
Raven
Immortal Zombie Pumpkin!

Postby Batgirl » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:32 pm

My Michael's doesn't seem to have them yet.

Yes, this is my pouty face. :x
What do we want?!?
Braains!
When do we want 'em?!?
Braaaains!!
Batgirl
Mushy Pumpkin

Postby mesmark » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:33 am

any pictures of what you've done with those? They look like a lot of fun.
mesmark
Unleashed Zombie Pumpkin!

Location: wandering the streets of Japan, looking for pumpkins ...

Postby Ballyhooligan » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:46 pm

I did not make these, but here are some completed Pumpkin color blanks that were painted by my friend and very talented artist Mandi.

All three of these are sold, I purchased the Candy Corn one on the far left. I know she is working on more right now if anyone would like to buy one.

I am currently painting a frankenstein blank right now. I just finished getting down the green base coat. Def. use acrylic paint.. do not even bother with the markers. It will look horrible.

I purchased 34 of the blanks today if anyone would like to purchase some from me. $10 a pop + shipping. Every Michael's around me is selling out of them, so if you want some from me, and don't have a Michael's around you, drop me a line ASAP.

Halloween is starting soooo early this year, very excited!
Ballyhooligan
Pumpkin Seed

Postby Zombie Pumpkins! » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:34 pm

Thanks for the post, Ballyhooligan. Glad to see what blanks can look like when painted. Very cool, and I'm imagining lots of potential looks.
Zombie Pumpkins!
Patch Master

Postby KILLER KLOWN » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:18 pm

Very cool to see some painted up.

Hey Ballyhooligan...No offense but a lil pricey there. My Michaels has them for $3.99 with plenty in stock. RoseArt also sells them online. I'm just sayin'
KILLER KLOWN
Decayed Pumpkin

Next

Return to Other Eerie Artwork