Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
Usually I would start the carving season with a ZP pattern to start my year but, being such a huge Minnesota Vikings fan and with all of the hype that is surrounding my team; I could not resist carving Vikes and Pack pumpkins in commemoration of the October 5th Monday night matchup. The pumpkin on top is my 1st viking attempt of the year. And the bottom two are my second for the year. The second Viking Kin' is twice as big as the first and so is the logo.
The Green Bay kin' didn't survive the night (I view it as an omen) I'll have to carve another Packer one for my buddy's football party on Monday.
Looking forward to carving some ZP patterns next.

By Zombie Pumpkins!
Nice carving, you look like a couple of proud fans (of your team and of pumpkins) in that photo. Nice detail in the Vikings carving!
By harpman22
Thanks so much, that means alot coming from you. I forgot to mention that I used the ZP pro tool set and the pumpkin gutter drill attachment (which I absolutely love by the way) planning on carving another Green Bay Kin' tonight and possibly a Seahawks Kin' for a friend of mine.
By OogieBoogie
Very cool Harpman22!! Hopefully we will kick some Packer bum this evening :D
By harpman22
Ok so my Vikes pumpkin didn't survive the weekend. Should have used vaseline for preservation but I felt ambitious that it would have made it until tonight. Oh well. I needed to carve a new Packer pumpkin anyway and figured I needed to tone down the size. So I found an image of someone elses carved green bay logo and applied it to my pumpkin. So I don't know who to credit for the logo. Then I found some Packer's Font and placed it underneath the team logo and ta' da'. I'm happy with it.
I will be doing something similar with the new Viking pumpkin today as well I should have it finished prior to party time and kickoff. This time I'll be using the horn that can be seen on the side of the Vikings players helmets (that I got from a vikings page) and then I will be using Vikings font underneath. wish me luck.

By Zombie Pumpkins!
Pretty nice, I see you did some scraping work here. In that first photo... is that supposed to be a Packer's fan posing next to the pumpkin? :lol: :roll:

Good luck with your next carves!
By harpman22
Ha Ha Ha! now that is funny. Yes I did do some scraping and that is actually the first time I've ever done it. I was pretty impressed that it went so well. And now for the 3rd and final Vikings pumpkin set next to the new Green Bay Pumpkin.

By Zombie Pumpkins!
Nice, I really like the Vikings font. Turned out well. I bet the horn was easier to carve than the whole Viking mascot head.

What sort of tool(s) did you use to do the scraping on the Packers "G"?
By harpman22
for the scraping I think I used an old plastic Pumpkin Master scraper that I had laying around it was in my drawer of carving stuff.
By JMP919
As a die hard patriots fan, and a Brett Favre hater, I still like your work. :P
By harpman22
Thanks JMP919 and as a die hard Vikings fan who can't stand Tom Brady, Randy Moss and Bill Belichick I accept your compliment. :D
By JMP919
I do, however, give credit where credit is due. Brett Favre, had a heck of a game. And if Jared Allen were a normal human being, and not the superbeast he is, Aaron Rodgers might have actually been able to get rid of the ball.