Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By blueikaos
Hey all! I stumbled upon this website yesterday when searching for pumpkin carving stencils...and I knew I had to buy them and join.

A lil about myself.
my name is Rebecca from NJ.
I'm 24.
Halloween is by far my favorite holiday EVER!
Unfortunately, I still live at home and my parents would not let my sisters and I decorate this year so I am quite bummed about that.
Although I did put up some small things in my room...

I look forward to meeting a lot of you and getting great ideas for when I get my own place and have my own parties!
By nosferatu
Welcome to the forum.

You don't have to be crazy to write here.......etc

Look forward to reading your posts and seeing photos of your carvings.

Enjoy yourself on the site. The people are great and its good fun
By blueikaos
Thanks Nos!

I wouldnt call myself crazy, but my friends think I am for loving such a holiday so much...

:D
By CombichristGirl
welcome welcome! hmm... why will they not let u decorate u could do just pumpkins they look good lol. put them on here so we can talk sense into them lol
By SaneInsideInsanity
loving halloween up to the point of obsesive compulsive...us neve...
anyway welcome welcome cheers, don't worry my rents used to say the same thing when i lived at home so one year i secretly hoarded/made decorations in my bedroom adn put them all up on gate night while they slept....I don;t think they liked that very much and i'm not condoining ignoring your rents....but they never biothered me since and let me decorate all i wanted....
anyway welcome
By blueikaos
Mom just doesn't want us to decorate for some reason.
She said she doesn't like the way my sisters and I do it, and would have to do everything over...total lie! I love being creative and crafty and my decorations and placement are great (IMHO)

My sisters and I already carved some pumpkins last night.
I did Freddy, My sisters did the Joker and David (from the Lost boys) and my dad did Michael myers...they look fabulous!

I think I am going to get a few more pumpkins and do some more!
Besides, I like the pumpkin seeds as well :)
By blueikaos
Saneinside:

OMG my parents would kill me if I did that...haha.
My dad would get a kick out of it...but mom would not be a happy camper and might not talk to me for a while...

Hmm...now that I think about it... :lol:
By SaneInsideInsanity
at least you get pumpkins...and if you dod it the night before while they sleep i highly doubt your mom is going to redo all the decorations on a friday :D....wait though before i star putting crazy ideas in your head i do not condone nocturnal activites for people under the age of 16.
post some pics of how your carvings turned out
By blueikaos
Its a good idea then since my youngest sister is 16! hahaha.
Its me -24- then my sisters are 19 and 16...so we are good right?

Once I figure out how to post pictures her I will.
I'll have to wait till I get home from work.
By Tkaraoke
Welcome, Blue! Nice to see yet another newcomer to the forums this year. Sorry to hear that you can't decorate like you want but at least you have your father on your side. Maybe after a few pumpkins carvings your Mom might cave in and let you decorate some more.
By SaneInsideInsanity
I'm that case it's it
s definately condonable for you to do...and seeing how in my eyes 2 of the 3 of you are no longer minors ....
ok i'm going to stop here being evil is going to get me in trouble one of these days
By blueikaos
She caved in today and said I can decorate outside :)

After seeing the links for the fence post coffin on another thread.

I told her to watch out...we might be missing sections of our fence by the end of the month... :lol:
By SaneInsideInsanity
12 days you better hurry up :P
By badgers
blueikaos wrote:She caved in today and said I can decorate outside :)
Well at least she caved a little......What I was going to say before I read that was:
"When Mom says NO and all else fails........ASK DAD!!!! :D "

And since Dad helped carve he might be able to talk some sense (or in our case here nonsense :lol: ) into her.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Welcome to ZP, Rebecca. You have good taste in holidays. Keep on spreading the cheer.... or gore.