Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By Jack Carving
Well, I managed to score some Target foam pumpkins at the fairly good price of $12, roughly around the price that Michael's Gemmy's would be after they go 60%, granted the closest Michael's too me usually sells out outrageously quickly, so alternative sources were definitely needed. I was worried at first, I figured the great price would mean the pumpkins were made of lesser quality material and possibly poorly coated. But that is certainly not the case, while the pumpkins are a little thicker and harder (likely from the thickness) and noticeably smaller, they carve perfect for my needs with a Versa Tool.

Anyways, onto this years carves. this one was mostly to gage the quality of the Target foamies as well as test out an idea I had with putting multiple Classic Monsters on the same pumpkin.

The chosen patterns shrunken down to 75% normal size.

Transferred and ready to carve...

Carving order, shrunken down these semi easy patterns become much more intricate.
Image Image Image

The finished carve lit.
Last edited by Jack Carving on Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
By pagemaster1993
Three of the best monster's all on one pumpkin. Good job!
By chuckwagon
Awesome stuff! I love seeing people re-size multiple patterns and use them on one pumpkin! The Universal Monster theme I have thought of also!
By SuperSonic
Great carves man!!! Can't wait to see your next multi-carve! :thumbsup:
By Jack Carving
So this time around I planned the layout of the patterns well in advance, which as it turns out did not really work out too well. heh. I had put together a quick mockup in photoshop of how I wanted the patterns to be arranged on the pumpkin and once it came time to print them out I realized then that the planned arrangement was just too big even with the patterns shrunken down to 75% their normal size. So then came the task of slightly squishing them closer together. All in all , this was a pretty tough carve, but it was well worth it.

Transferred and almost ready to carve, I was still uncertain of the final placement of Jason's machete (it's just scotch taped on in the photo)
Carved, although not shown I carved Jason first, then Michael, then Freddy and his hand. After I finish carving all the patterns I went back to look over each one and clean up uneven spots and what not.

because the Freddy pattern is placed so low the LED light was fully visible and kind of ruined the visual, so I get creative and stuffed a paper towel (will replace with orange tissue paper eventually) inside the pumpkin to cover the backing of the carve.

The moment I saw ZP's new Michael Myer's pattern I instantly fell in love with it and decided right then that this would be my next carve.

Also. I apologize if the pictures are sideways, they may not be... and my computer is just messing with me...

Edit: I may have fixed the sideways photo issue. :)
By Jack Carving
pagemaster1993 wrote:I don't believe I've seen that Jason pattern before.
You may have seen part of it around the web, but most definitely not in this form. Credit for the original free pattern goes to maegnus. :)

Also, I felt the final display was missing appropriate lighting, :thumbsup: