Talking about spooky store scores and online oddity offerings.
By j9mcl
Hi

Just about peed my pants with excitement at the discovery of a pumpkin farm not too far from me. They are in Cupar in Fife not far from St Andrews. Guess where I'm going tomorrow? Apparently they have had a bumper crop this year and judging by the photos they look fab. I messaged them on facebook to see how much they are and they sent me this:
Hi Janine. The pumpkins range in price from £2.50-£4.50 with the Mega Whoppers (50-60lb) selling for £8 and up. We have a bumper crop this year so hopefully you can come have fun choosing a few. I should mention we have a promotion on just now, "Buy two get one free" Happy Halloween!

http://www.cairniefruitfarm.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By nosferatu
S.A.M wrote::shock: Big pumpkins everywhere except by me :? or if there are any someone is keeping it quiet, I'd love to be carving those.
Same here so far.
By matspud
Cairnie is a great place to go. I have been getting mine there for years. The prices this year excellent . Glad to see they are finally selling the monsters They weren't out when I went a week ago ( see my crop in the pumpkin patches and pies section. BTW is that you in the pic cause if so you look familiar :D

BTW have you got your ZP Pro carving kit - the best thing for carving pumpkins. Also, if you are planning to gut things this size you really need to invest in a Pumpkin gutter.
By j9mcl
Not me in the pic - I'm a girl :kiss: . It was taken from their website. I'm taking a trip up tomorrow from Falkirk - can't wait. Got my knife and pumpkin gutter at the ready :D Aiming to do 20 this year.
By monstermash
I'm so tempted to nip to Cairnie too. I know Ive got plenty of kins but i'd love to get my hands on a few of the real whoppers, thats if you've left any Matspud!!! :wink:
By matspud
MM, I am not planning on going back for more for myself. Mine are fine ( unless they all go soggy - one has started leaking but no obvious soft spots). :-) I might have to visit with other people though :-)
By j9mcl
matspud wrote:Welcome to the boards J9. Looks like we are getting quite a Scottish contingent here. :D .
Thank you so much xx

Well, went to Cairnie today and got some great pumpkins. The guy serving said that someone had just got the last 16 of the largest. Well worth the trip but it was very busy so I don't expect the stock to last too long. Can't wait to get carving :lol:
By monstermash
j9mcl wrote:
The guy serving said that someone had just got the last 16 of the largest. :lol:
Good to know. I think i'd only go to get one or two absolute monsters. I'll just stick with what ive got and try not to mention them too much anymore. Sorry Nos!! :(