Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
I haven't carved any pumpkins this year so far but here's a few of my creations from year's past!
After seeing this saral paper and pro carving tools I feel like a chump. Now I dread using my pumpkin master saws and thumb tac to poke holes for patterns! Might be visiting your shop real soon ;)
Last edited by koolaidmick on Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
By badgers
nice carves can't wait to see more. And get the pro carving tool from the shop it is so much better than the pumpkin masters. The saral paper isn't in the shop any more but the "stick and Carve" paper is, I haven't tried it yet (and haven't purchased it YET) but it looks great.

I use Elmer's Washable School Glue Stick Disappearing Purple, just trim the pattern rub the purple glue stick on the back till it's completely covered, stick it to a clean dry pumpkin, give it a little time to dry The glue dries clear, I usually wait about 10-15 minutes (about the time it take to prepare a carving snack).

Once dry carve away, but don't poke or push the pieces out till done carving....it helps give stability to those delicate areas. Once done poke out those carved areas, the put the pumpkin in the sink and run warm water over the pattern. When the pattern gets wet it can easily be peeled away and the glue turns back to purple and wipes away with a wet paper towel.
By SuperSonic
Nice carves. :) Get the Saral and Carving Tools. They will change the way you carve forever.
By Raven
Great carves!

Ahhh, yes, I remember when I went from poking holes to Saral paper. It was like the Great Pumpkin came and performed a pumpkin carving miracle. I'm anxious to try the stick and carve paper now. The carving tool is a wonder as well.
By Marlföx
I remember Hottie gifting me my 1st set of pro carving tools,. To be honest I am not sure how I still have all my fingers. I was an old school steak knife carver. i used some of the other cheap-o tools buy they never really felt as stable as a steak knife. When i first used the pro tool it was EXACTLY like the Great Pumpkin did a Halloween miracle. Awesome carves!! Can't wait to see what you pump out this year!
By amandap80
Nice collection! You guys are making my carving fingers itch!
By Raven
Love the apron! I need one of those as I am a very messy carver. I always end up orange from head to tow. I can't wait to hear what you think of the Stick 'n Carve paper.
By koolaidmick
Got a drywall saw for $5.50 at Wal-Mart.

Unfortunately these were the best pumpkins I could find, still keeping my out. Hopefully I can find a few better ones between now and Halloween.
By koolaidmick
Kids were getting impatient while I tried to find the perfect pumpkins. Somehow between the nagging and yelling I picked a pumpkin that had been gouged and starting to rot in that spot. Well at least it gave me an excuse to start early! Pro carving set will take some getting used to, but what a treat they are!
By SuperSonic
Great carve, one of my favorite patterns! Nailed it!