Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
Wow, great job! All the lines look so smooth, and I must say, I'm jealous! I've done two foamies so far this year with regular cutting tools, and I have a lot that needs cleaned up, but yours look flawless. Great job.
By Cirrus
Those are really nice carves - and I agree with everyone else, you carve some really clean, sharp lines. They all look fantastic!
By Lala
BrookR1 wrote:Thanks guys. I'm having a lot of fun starting Halloween early this year. Can't wait to get to the real pumpkins.
Your location says Boise but I thought you moved ?
By shaft28
Thanks for letting me know, picked up a hot knife today no will put it to the test soon.
I'm just over the river in SE Portland, welcome to the PNW!
By BrookR1
Make sure you wear a garden glove on your cutting hand. It will allow you to change up your grip without burning yourself. Also, don't use a sawing motion. Let the knife just glide through the foam. If it gets slow, then let the knife heat up for a few minutes and then start again.
By BrookR1
Just a few more. The sugar skull is my first shaded foamie. I struggled early on, but once I found the right bits and right rotary tool (I was using a cheap Harbor Freight rotary tool that wobbled like crazy), it came along nicely. While I appreciate shaded pumpkins, I'll have to say that I think I prefer the look of cutouts. Something about all of that light and contrast coming through the pumpkin appeals to me.

By Euri
Very nice work! A hot knife is one of the best inventions ever! :thumbsup: