Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By Dementia
I'm sooo sorry to keep everyone waiting! :? I told my boss I'm going to steal her computer later to scan my stencil, but at the moment it's quite crazy here, today! We've got to label a couple thousand post cards, we're getting new desks/cubicles, and lord knows what she has going on!!

But I FOR SURE have not forgotten about you guys and ghouls! ;)
By Dementia
Here we are! Keep in mind it is VERY rough. I'm not graphic designer. Also, it's my first very detailed stencil so if anyone sees anywhere I could improve, it's quite fine to share with me. :D

Here is the link: http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h247/ ... reth_1.jpg
By Zombie Pumpkins!
That's a very nice Jareth stencil... I can totally tell who it's supposed to be. I can picture this looking nice printed on a shirt! But you realize that it would create a negative image if you carved on a pumpkin, right? What should be light would be dark, and what should be dark would be light. A little harder to recognize the likeness that way.

Last edited by Zombie Pumpkins! on Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Dadja
Hmmz, the inverted image is really different... But I'm wondering if it would 'hold'. Seeing how the hair line goes almost all the way around, I think there'd be too little support for the inside... But what do I know, right :p. Great job on the drawing though
By Dementia
Yeah, dangit. And the hair breaks here and there so it would have some support.

I guess I'll have to give it another go 'round. :)

Oh, and what program is that where you put the stencil on a pumpkin? I suppose that's just your awesome graphic designing skills, huh? ;)
By belli
Hey Dementia...I took your photo and inverted it and added some connecting pieces and then shared it with Ryan to see if that is what he meant in his comment about negative images. I was on the right track and Ryan added more to the photo to get more of a pattern image. I'll e-mail it to you if you provide me with an address and then you can re-work your original using the photo that Ryan and I played around with.
By Dementia
lovelybones@gmail.com

Don't poke fun, it's a wonderful book and a great song. ;D

And edited to say: You ROCK!
By CorpseBride
I can't wait to see what it looks like inverted! Are you going to share it with us?
By Dementia
CorpseBride wrote:I can't wait to see what it looks like inverted! Are you going to share it with us?
Well, Belli actually reworked it for me to the point I LOVE it. However, since now it's her work I don't want to post it and take credit! But I'd love her to post it:!:
By CorpseBride
Fair enough! Don't want to hurt anyones feelings :D
By belli
Dementia wrote:
CorpseBride wrote:I can't wait to see what it looks like inverted! Are you going to share it with us?
Well, Belli actually reworked it for me to the point I LOVE it. However, since now it's her work I don't want to post it and take credit! But I'd love her to post it:!:
No...no...no...it all started with you my dear. I don't want to take the credit, it was your inspiration, all I did was invert what you had already created and add some connecting pieces and Ryan added some too. So the creation is yours to post if you'd like to share. You can add the pics I sent you to your photobucket and post here if you'd like.

I'm sure Ryan would agree that it's yours, we just helped.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Indeed, the artwork began with Dementia, so it's hers to share if she wants. Spread the power of voodoo. Who do? You do.
By Dans banana Loafcake
Yeah I'd love to see it, if its how I imagine it looking it'd be a great stencil Dementia. Great composition, and if its your first stencils its a great start. Just need to get your head round the negative space aspect of pattern making.

Dan

P.S. Ryan you did that mock up in less than 18 minuets, I mean you lifted it off the image Dementia posted, cleaned the writing pad lines off im asuming it photoshop, and did all the bits and bobs in illustrator and posted it back on here in 18 minuets! Wow that is fast!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Dans banana Loafcake wrote:Ryan you did that mock up in less than 18 minuets... Wow that is fast!
:D 8)