Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By nosferatu
Superb as usual.

I bet that whip has seen some action in a different format.

I love the thought that goes into your costume and the attention to detail is always what makes it special. The fact that you made it yourself and there is no other Deadeye out there. Unique and unrivaled.

How do you carve your pumpkins? Deadeye, like your other masterpieces, has no visible lid.

How did you greet your Trick or Treaters?, "You're not from around her are you boy?"
By Ajax
Amazing, favorite costume yet next to undead ted. Great job on everything, love the belt buckle, you should make that part of your regular atire. Well worth the wait. Was the proshetic or mask uncomfortable, hard to see out of?
By Raven
nosferatu wrote: I bet that whip has seen some action in a different format.
Whatever would you mean by that, Nos? :wink:
By monstermash
Deadeye, you look like one of the deformed robots out of Westworld. Yul Brynner would be proud. :lol: The little details make halloween costumes for me. Not everyone notices them but the true hardcore lovers of everything spooky do. I also made up a stroy about my costume, it helps to get into character.
Wow, you really did get alot of snow. I'd have spalshed some blood onto it. Fake blood of course. :twisted:
By CorpseBride
As I said on FB...I dub thee Halloween King. Spectacular costume and pumpkin! Just amazing! The backstory and tiny details are always my favorite parts of your costumes.

I love the belt buckle too. I generally don't wear them either but I have collected some very cool ones over the years. I have used them in all sorts of strange places, generally as handles. Last year I bought a cheap wood bread box from a thrift store. I sanded it, ripped off the boring knob, painted it black and attached the buckle for a handle! It looks cool :D
By Zombie Pumpkins!
nosferatu wrote:How do you carve your pumpkins? Deadeye, like your other masterpieces, has no visible lid.
I tend to cut the lids pretty close to the stem on the front, with more of the opening behind the stem. I figure that leaves more room on the front for the carving, without the lid line getting in the way.
nosferatu wrote:How did you greet your Trick or Treaters?, "You're not from around her are you boy?"
Heh, well I did find myself saying "Howdy" a lot. Usually in a gruff, intimidating voice. A few of the trick-or-treaters had guns with their costumes, which they immediately aimed at me and starting saying "bang, bang." I said, "Hey kid, look at my chest, don't ya think I got enough bullet holes!" The kids then giggled, and continued filling me with imaginary lead.
Ajax wrote:Was the proshetic or mask uncomfortable, hard to see out of?
Not bad at all, actually. The mask had slits above the false eyes to see through. I cut those slits a bit larger to help with vision. Unlike previous years where I used a mask, I didn't walk into anything or trip over any pumpkins, so that's a good sign.

It was a bit warm to wear, but it was a cold night, so things balanced out. I liked that it's just a front face mask, rather than a full over-the-head mask. Makes it easy to slip on an off. Which became necessary when I tried to eat some pumpkin cake through it...

Thanks for the comments, everyone. Good ideas for the belt buckle, CorpseBride. It will get more use, surely.
By nosferatu
Ryan, you've slipped up! Do you honestly think Deadeye would have such impeccable table manners? A plate and a fork? Surely he would be prising it from the cold, dead hand of the chef that baked it? Or is that bandana actually a napkin designed to prevent spillages?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Good points, nosferatu. But over mom's white carpet in the dining room, even the vampire guests know to put down a plastic tarp before they feast.
By nosferatu
If you read this thread and in particular look at the photos listening to (Ghost) Riders in The Sky by Johnny Cash, I can imagine Deadeye hopping onto his horse and trotting off into a blood red sunset. Yippee aye oh, yippee aye eh
By CanadianCarver
Great costume Ryan! I always look forward to seeing what you have come up with, and you never disappoint!
By nosferatu
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:Good points, nosferatu. But over mom's white carpet in the dining room, even the vampire guests know to put down a plastic tarp before they feast.
I've forgotten what the original colour of our carpet actually was. Two kids, two dogs and a cat combined with fruit juice,blood, play-doh,vomit, various nappy related accidents mean it's the perfect place to commit a murder. Those CSI guys wouldn't be able to figure out what was from where, when and from who.

Your mom's white carpet means that you are either trusted or well trained or both. Can she please put up some video tutorials on how she keeps that carpet white? Or is that where the whip originates from?

"RYAN! "What's this on MY carpet?!!" whu-cchhhhhh!!!!!
By SuperSonic
Fantastic as ALWAYS!!! Your costume far exceeds mine. Mine is more on a small scale, kiddie level. Yours is just.....too good for words.

Was the mask named Dead Eye as well? :wink:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
The named of the mask is actually "Skinned." It's described this way: "Ever wonder what you were look like if you were dragged from a car face first at 70 miles an hour for 15 minutes?"