Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By mesmark
Thanks guys! I was thinking I wouldn't bother with another "creative" photo, but as I was carving, I started thinking about it. Finally I found myself rushing, trying to beat dusk and a missed photo opportunity.

My son helped me. He was the photographer as I moved the pumpkin out of the tree and closer to him. Looking back on it now, I could have just skipped all that and made one CG version that just got bigger and bigger. :? Oh, well.

I was surprised no one else had put them in trees, yet.
By CorpseBride
Ok mesmark that is friggin fantastic! I love the animation. You just might have topped your Cars photo story. Looks like the ante is up for this years Pumpkin Photography! Time to bring out the big guns :lol: Though I doubt I could ever top that.
By Ajax
You have truely taken your carving to new heights. You have taken Ryans mock up and made it reality. Looks great can't wait to see what else you come up with this season.
By mesmark
Thanks everybody. You guys are too kind. (That's why I like it here. It makes me feel good about myself :lol: )
CorpseBride wrote:Time to bring out the big guns. Though I doubt I could ever top that.
Yeah, I doubt that. Ajax has set me up for a really big fall :lol:
Ajax wrote:... Looks great can't wait to see what else you come up with this season.
Ahhhh! You're kidding! I thought I was done :P

The plan was just to take regular old glowing pumpkin photos from now on ... I'll see if I can come up with something else though. Depends on what I carve.
By Ajax
Glowing pumpkins ROCK! Okay i'll let you off the hook :wink: . Don't want you to hurt yourself climbing up trees or setting up photos on the middle of a busy intersection, you are the daredevil of zombie pumpkins. How many pumpkins you got left?
By mesmark
I've got 6 big ones. The cream of the crop. And no plans ... I want to carve Fankie Stein and Jack the knife. Other than that, I'm not sure. Maybe a VIP or two. I'll be making plans tomorrow, after my spooky tree pattern is posted.

And I have a few duffer-kins. They're too small to carve traditionally but I'm thinking I can just scrape them and set them out at my party as is. Or I might just set them out as decorations.
By Ajax
mesmark wrote:Some more pumpkins today:

There is nothing to see here move along.

By nosferatu
Ajax ....pure genius.

Mesmark.....absolute genius. Although what for I can't remember why.
By Euri
LOL!! WOW! Mesmark, your Lightening McQueen and Mater road trip photos are awesome!!! I looked at them several times. I guess you've just proved that the fun you have with your pumpkins is more important than how many you carve. But you've just inspired me, I may have to put my <cough> AB on my suspension kit.

Even if you are 'done', these were such fun to see. Thanks for taking the time to be creative. :D
By Ajax
:o They look so cool love the shading effect on root of all evil and Frankie Stein looks awesome love that pattern. Just noticed you shaded her face to. I have to get into that, but I have 28 pumpkins to do this weekend so there will be no shading :) just 28 elmo's
By NikkiRae
Root of Evil looks awesome carved! And the shading on Frankie Stein looks great! Awesome job!!! :D
By mesmark
NikkiRae wrote:... the shading on Frankie Stein looks great! Awesome job!!! :D
Thanks! I decided to shave Frankie's face, because I'd like her to last until the 30th. Some of the face parts are pretty small and I was thinking she'd start looking pretty ragged in a few days. She turned out pretty good. It's a great pattern.