Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
Sooo I have been pretty busy working on my Pumpkin Rot character for my yard. For those of you who don't who this genius is head to www.pumpkinrot.com It is not a direct copy, but the idea definitely came from his designs.

This is by far the largest Halloween project I have ever taken on. It is quite time consuming! I am using paper mache pulp which takes AGES to dry. I started working on this over a month ago...here is a little snapshot of the progress thus far...

Still so much work to do!!!
Last edited by CorpseBride on Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Very ambitious and awesome. Sure, it's a lot of work, but you must be having a blast. How proud you will be of your creation. Now you know how Dr. Frankenstein felt.

Can I join you in your workshop? With an extra set of hands, imagine the monsters we could make. I have an extra brain you can place in your monster. Used to belong to an Abby Normal, I think.

Also, these photos make for a fun "spot the ZP's" game. I see a sticker and your custum shoes. I hope they help inspire you, while they oversee your work.
By mechanik63
wow that is great, cant wait to see the final product!!
By nosferatu
Me too. Looks fantastic and I can't wait to see the finished thing. Inspires me to try something like this next year
By GUS
I'd marry a girl with a workshop like that!
By paddy_babe
The Papier mache pulp/clay takes AGES to dry doesn't it! I've done 4 pumpkins in the last week with it and I ended up putting them in the oven on the lowest heat! I got 5 more to do (for friends) and then I can start on mine!
By ghostface
Excellent work CB!!! :D
By Tricksy Faery
Looks awesome. I'm going to try using papier mache pulp. 8)
By wookie66
You can also try a website called Hauntproject.com for some other good ideas. I think pumpkinrot is on there as well.
By sloaner
The head looks great so far. Keep us posted on the progress.
By monstermash
I love progress pics. How sad is that?!!
He's coming along nicely CB. I fancy doing some pumpkinrot inspired work one of these days. What are you going to call him?
By OrangeOrb
paddy_babe wrote:The Papier mache pulp/clay takes AGES to dry doesn't it! I've done 4 pumpkins in the last week with it and I ended up putting them in the oven on the lowest heat!
This site has a recipe for a paper-mache type material that is supposed to dry much faster. I haven't tested it out yet, but I hope to this week.

http://ultimatepapermache.com/paper-mache-clay
By OrangeOrb
Your creation looks amazing. I can't wait to see it completed.