Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By Raven
I recently got the black dress pictured below. I don't have any of the other accessories so I am asking for any ideas of what to do. I love the wig pictured, and I know I can find it at Spirit. I was thinking of a black and white mask over my eyes which I would paint on. I can't leave my face natural looking, I need to do something big.

If I did the wig, the painted mask and the dress, I'm not sure what I would call my costume. Gothic masquerade ball woman? I guess I don't need an official title, just as long as I'm in costume.

I don't want to modify or destroy the dress in any way. I would like to reuse it, maybe for a witch next year. I don't feel witchy this year.

Any suggestions are appreciated! I can't wait to see more costumes from the rest of you this year!

Last edited by Raven on Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By monstermash
gothic masquerade sounds good to me RD. I will get myself in costume mode and see if I can come with something else. I also haven't got much of an idea for myself yet.
By Raven
So I decided to do a spider theme after buying a wig with a spider in the center and kinda a web look. I can't pick which make up look I like best though.. HELP!

This first one takes FOREVER to do, yet I think it goes better with the wig..

This one was easier and is obviously a darker look. Plus I love having blue lips for some reason..

Obviously Halloween needs to be longer than just one night..
By ghostface
This is really cool, nice job!!!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Nice makeup work, as usual. You must have some fun with this! Between the two options, I like the second "darker" look. The eye shadow is very Lily Munster. :)
By Batgirl
Like 'em both, but I really love the second look. Works well with the dress and the spiders are a great touch.

So, I have to know... what brand/color is that lipstick and where did you find it?
By CorpseBride
*cat call*....weeeeoooooo sexy mama! Your costume looks great! I really like the 2nd one more. The dark eyes really 'make it.'
By paddy_babe
Reminds me of Jasmine Becket Griffith :D
By GUS
No.2
simpler better, less likely to be smudged over an evening of drinking or whatever..
By blueikaos
Another vote for #2!

Love that you are so skilled with makeup!!
By Raven
Batgirl wrote:So, I have to know... what brand/color is that lipstick and where did you find it?
The blue is not lipstick. I lined my lips first with a black eyeliner pencil, filled them in with a navy blue gell eyeliner and over that added Illamasqua Pure Pigment eyeshadow in the color Alluvium. Blue lipstick would have been much easier. :)
By Raven
Thanks everyone! Look #2 is also prefered by family around the house. If I happen to get an opportunity to dress up before Halloween I will do the other look. The big night gets the darker look.