Binging bloody broadcasts, shocking shows and supernatural series.
By sloaner
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:"Quoth the raven... eat my shorts."

I believe this year's Treehouse of Horror episode is airing on October 30th, 2011, which is perfectly timed for Halloween. Something to watch while we carve our pumpkins, perhaps. Often Fox has had to air the Halloween episode after Halloween... and while enjoyable, it just feels wrong. Like singing Christmas carols on January 10th or something.

Also, I don't understand why they don't release all the Treehouse of Horror episodes on DVD. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.
I never understood why they didnt just do it on the last sunday of the month. I would rather them do it on october 24th than November 5th. It might be closer to the 31st but still feels like its too long after the big day.

As for the DVD's they do have at least 1 out there. I have a copy with number 5,6,7, and 8. I am sure they have other DVD's out there but this is the only one I saw and made sure to buy it.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
sloaner wrote:[I never understood why they didnt just do it on the last sunday of the month. I would rather them do it on october 24th than November 5th. It might be closer to the 31st but still feels like its too long after the big day.
Yeah, I'd prefer to see the special before Halloween too, but I think it's usually delayed because of FOX's arrangement with Major League Baseball. If the World Series is still going on, they have to broadcast that, and they can't air the new Halloween episode until their time schedule is clear, post-baseball season.