Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By mechanik63
getting my costume together for this year and was wondering if anyone has used or seen those ani-motion masks in action. couldnt really find any reviews that were helpfull. my biggest question is how well the mask moves with your movement. any help would be great
By ghostface
Well, I haven't tried them but I'm going to a halloween store today I'd be glad to take a look at them for you! :)
By mechanik63
That would be awesome. I gotta drive 50 miles to find a decent halloween store :( and they only had one and it wasnt working so i've resorted to online shopping
By GUS
mechanik (welcome back) i'm curious as to what this is!? ..got a link??

no plasma cutting for you this season?
By mechanik63
hey gus thanks good to be back and get my mind off stuff, and no plasma cutting this year my air compressor was jacked outa my front storage room and havent been able to get a new one yet. Heres a link to what im talking about. Basically they are masks that move when your mouth moves.

http://www.costumekingdom.com/p-15882-d ... otion.aspx
By GUS
Ah sweet, an articulated (sprung)? mask with a latex covering, this ups the ante in masks! ..good find!
By Batgirl
I bought the gorilla for my brother and the brown werewolf for myself.

Personally, I love them! They come with foam pieces you can use to make the fit snug. You'll want to put some black foam or fabric inside the mouth to give it the best effect.

I've tried mine with Vaseline on the teeth/mouth area for that wet-slobbery look.

Takes a little prep to make sure it fits right, but once it does, it's pretty darn cool!

Here it is in action!

Their YouTube channel has great little how-to videos for making the mask fit and last.

Hope that helps!
By Raven
I've never seen these masks before, they are so cool! The clown one is just wrong...... :P
By mechanik63
Thanks batgirl, the one I found in the store was the clown one and it was outa the package and in bad shape. in the videos they look real good. Are they pretty comfortable once you get it fitted good? Leaning towards the night fiend one i've seen.
By Batgirl
Once you get the fit right, it's pretty comfortable for a moving mask. I couldn't wear it for hours on end, but that's just me. I'd need/want a few breaks here and there.

I don't think you can go wrong with this company's selection of ani-motion masks. And I usually don't care for wings with costumes, but check out their "beast wings" video. You get those, one of their night stalker or night fiend masks, a big had, and a trench coat and you've got your own DYI Jeepers Creepers.
By ghostface
The one I tried at the Halloween store was pretty cool!! When I put it on and started moving my mouth the mask moved along with my mouth! I hope to see pics of your costume!!!
By mechanik63
i went with the night fiend, got a trench coat with it and the latex hands to match, the wings are a great idea batgirl but i think i may pass this year on that. im also not a big fan of wings , last pair i wore i ended up taking half of a guys spider webs he had strung out trick-or-treating with the kids, you think toilet paper stuck to your shoe is bad i didnt notice until the next block and no one mentioned it to me. when i get it all together i'll definitley post some pics
By Batgirl
Haha! Great visual, I mean... Oh, poor thing. :wink:

I look forward to the pictures of your costume put together. I'm sure it'll be terrifying!
By keifferone
Batgirl wrote:I bought the gorilla for my brother and the brown werewolf for myself.
That awesome you got the werewolf one! I was thinking about it myself (don't know why) :lol:
But I really like the demon one too. It would go great with my clock.