Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By The Captain
Jen with all the parts of our spider victim
Me holding the beginnings of the victim
The chicken wire skeleton is taking shape
Victim with the base for his cocoon
"Vic Tim" aka Captian Howdy aka Bobo now with his hand attached. He'll get a final cover with webbing just before he goes on to the giant web.

Tomorrow we build the giant spider web in front of our house! More pictures to come.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Ha! I love it. A totally effective spider victim. Can't wait to see how it looks when it's all put together. What a creative idea!
By The Captain
The start of the web
About an hour later its done. I think next year I'm going to use more rope to make the webs closer together.
Our front door and windows. The windows will have strobe lights behind them, I tested it and it looks pretty cool :D
ImageImageImage
Final touches on the spider victim, we decided to call him "Chet" after a neighbor we can't stand :twisted: Ready for your close up. I put a little Tide here and there on him to help him to glow under the black light.
ImageImage
Chet in his final resting place :P
Chets being attacked! Oh well...
I don't know if you can see it to well in the pictures but we have the spiders spining him with webs.
ImageImage
We use some small plastic black light spiders to hide the knots were we joined two pieces of rope.
Me sweating like crazy. If you couldn't tell by the dead grass we live in Florida. We have been breaking records for temps all week! 92 degrees? Is'nt it Fall?
Tomorrow...ah err...today I build the case for the black lights. So maybe some night shots, if they turn out good.
By finklemyer
Looks mighty nice, only suggestion might be to turn good ol' chet 180 so you can see his screaming face covered in spiders better, but that could just be the angle of the pic, I dunno, but nice job! :)
By The Captain
Thanks! I was actualy considering turning him upside down. He looks to posed the way he is. We'll see after we get the black light on him. Well I'm off to make my box.
By Kittie
That is just awesome!!!
By reignman40
Wow that is one impressive display. I haven't gotten into the house decorating as much in the past but this forum has given me so many ideas I may have to look into more serious decorating in years to come.

Killer job. Spider attack looks good already. Can't wait to see more pics.
By Cheef
that is freekin awesome man. I could never do it though, I hate spiders.