Display some killer Halloween artwork you've found or created yourself.
These are 2 candle holders I made and would like to share with you all.
If you would like to give it a go, I'll tell ya how :)

1- take 2 glass tumblers and paint them with glass paints (found in most craft stores) in red and yellow to give a nice back ground color and bake as directed.
2- get some nice black paper or thin craft paper and trace some nice silhouettes down.
3- use an exacto style knife or a good precision knife to cut out your designs.
4- use a modge podge type glue or varnish to adhere your cut outs to the glass. Be sure to pre arrange them so you don thave to move them around later!
5- Once dry, give your tumblers a nice coat of modgepodge or if you intend on washing them later on use an epoxy resin to coat your creation.
the resin is by far the better option. It take a little more time because yoyu have to mix the two liquids and let it dry for a number of hours but they are more durable and waterproof once done.
6- light candles inside and enjoy the creepy glow- Voila! :D
By CorpseBride
Bravo! Well done, and a nice little tutorial to boot. I am a huge fan of modpodge. It is a marvelous medium.

The witches have very sultry figures, the better to seduce you with my dear...

How size are these?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Wow, impressive work, and thank you for the tutorial write up. I hope it inspires others to give this a try. Looking at that photo... if I saw those in a store, I'd buy them immediately.
By staticfurball
Thanks guys, I love cut out art. theres nothing like a good sharp knife and some decorative paper.

The tumblers are 4 inches high.
thats why I suggest ketching it all out before to make sure you cut outs will firt nicely.
I plan on making a few more this year.

I was actually thinking of setting up a small online shop for specialty Halloween items like this next year. I also want to make creepy bottle labels and halloween book covers to slip over novels to use as party decorations.
By monstermash
Static those tumblers are brilliant!!! You've got the colours just right and the little witches and creatures larking about are terrific. I definately want to try this. You could sell those easily.
By staticfurball
My next ones will feature werewolves and a string of trick or treaters.
By purple1worm
Those are awesome! Nice tutorial too! I might try my hand at them myself this year too! :D
By SuperSonic
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:Wow, impressive work, and thank you for the tutorial write up. I hope it inspires others to give this a try. Looking at that photo... if I saw those in a store, I'd buy them immediately.
No doubt I would as well! Those are awesome. :D
By Starparty
Woah! Those are gorgeous!

Great work!! I'd buy some in a heartbeat!
By paddy_babe
I would totally buy these! thing is I would have them out all year round! :lol: I am so glad that instead of haggy hunched witches you've gone for the sexy type (I have a pin-up witch handbag lol!) about time we got some good rep/images lol :lol:
By staticfurball
Thats the great thing about making them yourself instead of buying crap from stores, you can customise them fo ryourself or to give as gifts.
By paddy_babe
I totally agree, and you don't even need to be a pro at whatever craft you choose as homemade bits always have character... if you wanted 100% perfection you'd buy something made by a machine (well that is my excuse at least when I make candles that go squiffy or something!! :lol: ) Homemade gifts are always the best!
By snow2alike
Paddy B, those are beautiful ! I am a paper cutter too --- I make "snowflakes that have a voice" (hence the name snow2alike).
Really nice work!