Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
So I took my son shopping the other night through the Halloween section trying to get an idea of what he wanted to be this year. I have chosen and hand-made his costumes every year (atleast one of them anyways, he generally has 2 or 3 costumes!).

So him being a cars fanatic I thought for sure he would be a character from the movie, and I was right...at first. He told me he wanted to be Finn McMissile from Cars 2. I thought...ugh...well fine....I would prefer something scary or at least not mass produced but whatever makes you happy little man! :lol:

So tonight I told him to tell his Nama (grandma) what he wanted to be this year...and what does he say? A Zombie! Too cute! He got so excited...I think all the Zombie games on my iPhone may have given him the idea. That and the fact that I have a lot of Zombie toys/movies/posters/sculptures/etc in my horror collection. He is going to be the cutest zombie ever!
Last edited by CorpseBride on Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I just knew your bad seed had the braaiiiins to make smart costume choices! That's awesome. Now, do you think he'll stick to that idea for the next 47 days? In my experience, kids can be fickle and change their minds. On the other hand, sometimes they get so stuck on an idea and become obsessed with it. With his household influences, I'm sure he'll stick to the zombie idea. Or... there's always the option to do a zombified Finn McMissile. ;)
By CorpseBride
This is true, kids are very fickle. But even if he does change his mind I have always had more than one costumer for him every year. There are so many different parties and events to go to...why limit yourself to one fun costume right?!? :lol:

I can't wait to start making the mini zombie costume :D Feel free to flood me with your ideas.
By nosferatu
I'd be grateful to poach those ideas! My daughter is 7 in October and she is having a Street Dance Party. The track she has chosen as it is Halloween is obviously Thriller - its obviously also Halloween Fancy Dress so she too will be need
ing a zombie costume. The one's in store or on-line are just a bit naff
By CorpseBride
I am thinking of going with the classic zombie in a suit look. White dress shirt, maybe some skinny type jeans, and a blazer. All mucked up of course. This would be very easy to put together at my playland...Value Village.

As for a girl...the classic long dress would be perfect. White and innocent...but torn to shreds and dirty as heck.

Nothing says zombie to me like George Romero...

By GUS
I'd love to create zombie surfer, complete with surfboard leash...& someone else's gnawed leg, but it's a bit bulky, perhaps a zombie boogie boarder! :lol:

doesn't help not being by the sea either!
By hkzombie
Not only he will look the part, but ACT the part as well. I think he needs to practice getting into character (his stance, the mindless walk and stare, grunting, drooling, using his hands and mouth to sink in some human meaty goodness.. ). I was a camp counselor over the summer and told my kids they would get a prize for the best zombie impersonation. That made my day :D
By staticfurball
Thats great!! My son wants to make his costume this year. He is 6 and this is the 1st year he wants to do that instead of buy a Hero costume. I have aplastic brain jello mold that he wants to use along with a jet pack made of 2l bottles so he can be an alien. He wants lasers for his gloves and an extra eye too. :D
Homemade costumes are my favorite, I always give a little extra to kids with costumes the made themselves.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
staticfurball - Your son's alien costume idea sounds great. Pre-made bagged costumes are fine, but there's also something to be said about getting creative and piecing together your own concept. Sounds like some fun family time, building a costume together.

If you want to share any pics or progress updates about the alien costume, you should start your own topic thread and share there. Personally, I've always wanted to know how to add lasers to my gloves! :wink:
By nosferatu
When my daughter was an alien in the school nativity - don't ask - we painted eyes onto table tennis balls and then attached them by threading cotton through them and putting them on the head part of the costume.

You can get those mini laser pens - not the powerful ones - but you'd have to make sure he didn't blind himself whilst scratching his nose.
By CorpseBride
I am all about the home made costumes. My son has only wore one costume-in-a-bag since he was born. It was his first Halloween and he was the cutest little pudgy Dinosaur I've ever seen. I should also note that my son is still pumped about being a zombie, he was helping me pick out a suit jacked at the thrift store the other day. :D

Okay and the alien costume...RAD! Sounds like you have a very creative little man! Please be sure to post pics :)

Nos: Genius. And I must ask...nativity scene? alien? I'm intrigued.
By nosferatu
Aliens? They come down from space to witness the nativity and it is therefore explained to them. Isn't that how it happens in the Bible? Three kings, angel, shepherds and a stage of 25 aliens?
By CorpseBride
nosferatu wrote:Aliens? They come down from space to witness the nativity and it is therefore explained to them. Isn't that how it happens in the Bible? Three kings, angel, shepherds and a stage of 25 aliens?
:lol: Awesome. Now that is a christmas school play I would go to for sure.
By sloaner
nosferatu wrote:Aliens? They come down from space to witness the nativity and it is therefore explained to them. Isn't that how it happens in the Bible? Three kings, angel, shepherds and a stage of 25 aliens?
Any Predators?