Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By staticfurball
I made this mummy with my husband. I tried a few different things and wasn't happy , then I found a tutorial online for making a sewing dummy with duct tape so I thought I could just convert it into a whole mummy. It took some time but i finally got my husband to agree to dress n old clothes and a ski mask and let me wrap him up lol. I did 3 layers of duct tape and did his hands and face seperate to attatch them later. When he was all wrapped up I cut him out with a seam down the back and stuffed it with old batting. Its great because its waterproof and light. I liked it so much we made a full size werewolf 2 years ago to go with it and they look great.
I also have an eco center nearby and luckily they have store dummies and body parts for sale so I use them for my Grimreaper.

Any other cool ideas floating around?
By staticfurball
This is what I did with the mummy last year. I thought it looked great with the smoke machine...kinda like he was climbing out of Hell. :lol:

By MooBoo
Wow that looks amazing 8) it does look like he's climbing out of hell, love the tombstones too!
By monstermash
That is really fantastic static. I especially love the second pic, he does look like he is coming back from from hell. Great lighting.
By staticfurball
Thanks :) My only problem was that, I find the smoke from the smoke machine rises too much and I wish it was more like fog and kinda creep out along the ground. Any suggestions??
By kid
You need to make yourself a chiller. Get an old bucket, some dryer vent, and dry ice.
Cut two holes in the bucket. One up top, one down low.
Coil the dryer vent up inside the bucket, so each end lines up with a hole.
Fill the middle of the coiled up vent hose with dry ice.
Put your fogger on something so it will fog into the top hole.
The dry ice fill cool off the fog, and make it fall. It will then pour out of the bottom hole :D
By staticfurball
That sounds pretty cool. I wonder where I can get dry ice though. It doesnt seem like something I can get anywhere around here lol
By staticfurball
Hwere is the other dummy I made via the duct tape method. I cant remember where I got the mast but it sure did scare some of the local kids and I even had a few dogs growl at it as they walked by :lol:

By kid
I get it at my local balloon shop. Not sure why they have it, but they do. You can also find it at restraunt supply stores, or in your order from Omaha steaks :lol:
Regular ice will work, but depending on your temp, you will have to change it often.
By staticfurball
You wouldnt happen tot have a sketch of this set up wuld you? I know it sounds simple but i want tomake sure I get ti right. I think I will try regular ice first to see( it gets cold here in Montreal around that time) and if tat doesnt do the trick I will search out the dry ice.
Maybe I can find an example of your set up on line?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I made a fog chiller similar to the one Kid just linked too, but I used a larger, "real" cooler (hard plastic, insulated). I had to use a hole saw attachment for my drill to cut the holes for the dryer vent pipe. Which I then attached in place with copious amounts of duct tape.

I fill it with a couple large bags of regular ice, which surrounds the vent pipe. The ice does melt eventually, but seems to last long enough to chill the fog for the couple hours of prime time that trick-or-treat are passing by.

To hide it from sight on Halloween night, I place it in the bushes, with a big black plastic bag around it to make it dark (the cooler is white and blue, not painted)

Overall, it's not the most elaborate fog chiller, but it was pretty easy to make, and the nice big size means I can store the fog machine and bottles of fog juice inside the cooler during the off season.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Kid - indeed, the storage aspect is helpful. And the cooler has wheels and a handle, so I can drag it around like a wagon. :)