Display some killer Halloween artwork you've found or created yourself.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I love this sort of stuff. I went to college for computer graphics, and always wanted to do 3D modeling and animating, but at the time this art form was pretty new in colleges. My program was pretty heavily centered around programming stuff, which I really didn't care for. Ah, if only we had stuff like Z Brush back then. In any case, love your work. Thanks for sharing!
By CombichristGirl
fan bloody tastic job. i once played with zbrush. easy to use but damn near impossible to make a masterpiece, which you have. 50 points to griffindor :)
im loving the texturing!
By Mushmouth
ZP : right on.....I am head-over-heels in love ww/ zbrush and maya. But anything web or code related I am kind of a dunce. Were you guys doing mostly C++ ? I can't stand code...

Combichristgirl: thnx for the kind words! :D

final image for now.
By CombichristGirl
Edinburghzombie wrote:That is BAD ASS!! Love it :D
couldnt say it any better so why not quote it :)
By nosferatu
I agree. Absolutely awesome!
By pagemaster1993
It really looks awesome. Almost looks like a really well done Halloween mask.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Mushmouth wrote:ZP : right on.....I am head-over-heels in love ww/ zbrush and maya. But anything web or code related I am kind of a dunce. Were you guys doing mostly C++ ? I can't stand code...]
Yeah, as I recall, we started with some C++ and then also a good amount of Open GL stuff. When we finally got around to using some 3D software to create our final animations I think we used Lightwave. Maya was present in the computer lab, but don't remember using it much.

Actually, when it comes to this era of my college career, it's a bit of a blur. Not because I was partying. I got sick with a wicked case of mono during the final weeks of my senior year. A blessing in disguise, because the doctor's note allowed me to pass with an admittedly weak final project.

The circumstances of life ended up steering me away from 3D graphics, but that's okay. I think maybe I'm more suited for 2D illustrative stuff. I love working in vectors, as evidenced by my enjoyment in creating these pumpkin patterns.

And as for coding... programming has never been my thing. I've been forced to learn some (either for school assignments, or work necessity). But my brain works like a visual artist. I'm not interested in writing lines of code, when I could be drawing cartoon monsters!

Anyway, great work, again. Your orc chief looks pretty sick in full color.
By Mushmouth
Started a new project......although it is not necessarily gruesome for the forum...I still say this is the best super villain of all time. Still has a looooong way to go but I thought I'd share. More flesh-eating sculpts will crop up towards October.

By Zombie Pumpkins!
Nice looking Thanos! Another likely candidate for pumpkin pattern, if a comic book section is ever added to the site.
By Ajax
I took the same type of stuff in college. Used alot of lightwave, 3d max, illustrator, photoshop, etc. Actually have a 3d graphics diploma but i've been doing helpdesk related work for 10 years now so that stuff is way behind me. One day I would love to pick up photoshop and Illustrator again I really enjoyed using those. Your stuff looks awesome.