Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By Raven
My husband dressed up this year. He hasn't dressed up for at least 15 years or so. He started making a costume prop for my Niece who changed her mind about what she wanted to be, so he decided he would dress up and use the props.

Jonathan as a Vault Dweller from the game Fallout 3.

Vault Dweller in the game for reference.

Me as Medusa. I only had a few face shots on my camera. All makeup was done with eyeshadow. Even the lips. It stayed on all night. I was in a hurry due to running late so I didn't quite do the job I wanted to. But it served it's purpose.

Our dog, Marley. Doesn't he look happy?
By CombichristGirl
awesome very nice! the doggy is so cute i wish mine would wear costumes. may be a t shirt sometime lol
By monstermash
Brilliant costumes RD. You're dog looks like he's used to being dressed up. He just rolls his eyes and thinks "here we go again, crazy humans" :lol: He looks really cute.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Never played Fallout, I wouldn't know a Vault Dweller if one fell on me. But the costume look accurate. Nice! And your Medusa came out great, I think. You've proven yourself to be handy with makeup. And I like the snakes. They make fine hair accessories, as a matter of fact. Those snakes you used serve the purpose well (rather than larger snakes that may have weighed you down and been tougher to attach)
By mesmark
Excellent, excellent job! The make up for your Medusa costume was great.

i agree with Ryan that the snakes were perfect. Too large and they'd be tough to work with. Also, they're probably small enough that people don't notice them until they get close enough to be taken aback by them 8)

Did you do a lot of hissing at people? Did you have a rattle to shake?
By purple1worm
Great job on the medusa cstme and makeup!! :D
By Tkaraoke
Why does he put up with his humans...oh right...food! :^)
By Raven
Thanks everyone for the costume compliments! I still wish I had more time to do the makeup, but my husband wanted me to help him with his and with carving pumpkins I ran out of time. My husband wanted a Mohawk which I had never done before. He tried doing it himself but couldn't get it to stand up. He said his hair was too long and there was no way it was going to stand up. Sounded like a challenge to me. I think I got it to stand, although at first it looked like he was going to be Cindy Lou Who's father..

Yesterday I was cleaning up the Halloween mess in my living room and was picking up left over snakes from my costume. I kid you all not the next thing I see is a real snake quickly making his way under my couch! We had the door open all day Halloween so I'm sure that's how he came in. It was a little strange though that I happen to be Medusa and here comes a real snake, in the house no less! He is back outside now probably trying to find a way back in.

As for the poor dog.. well he only kept that costume on long enough for a picture to be taken of him. He didn't have to wear it all night and even got a treat for sitting pretty for 3 seconds with it on. He really is the happiest dog ever.

By CorpseBride
Wow, that is pretty crazy you found a snake in your house...perhaps the snake gods thought it was a summoning act...I dunno :lol:

Great costumes too! I don't know of Fallout, but the costume looks cool. And great job on yours! I love it!
By nosferatu
Love your Medusa. The make up is great.

Fab looking costumes. very cool
By snow2alike
RD the costumes are great --- I can't wear face paint at the zoo so I really envy your make-up!

My great aunt lives in the hills of Tenn and she told me she had a snake get in her house. I asked her what she did and she said she "called the Law". LOL Never did find it --- creepy
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Cindy Lou Who's father.. :lol:

That's pretty wild that a snake got into the house. Normally that would freak me out, but on Halloween (and considering your costume) I'd consider it a special honor.
By Ajax
Do you have a snake pattern yet Ryan? I don't think you do. The costumes look great I love Fallout 3 had like 60 hours into the third one heard the new one was buggy as hell though. Think I'll be picking up dead rising istead.