Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By stormqueen29
These were generously offered to me by JP, so visit his site for the patterns!

Special thianks to the Patchmaster for allowing me to post these here.

If JP doesn't want these here, I'll remove them or Ryan can.

Gale
By Tkaraoke
Awesome! That green light really makes that Alien pattern! Sometimes the color of the light can make all the difference in the world. I'm assuming you carved those pumpkins yourself. What kind of light did you use to light the Alien one?

I have subscriptions to both ZP and JP and I have both of those stencils ready to go this year but now with the addition of the new ZP stencils, I just don't know how many pumpkins I can carve this year. I really need to think about how I'm going to preserve the carved ones so I can display them all for Halloween.
By stormqueen29
Yeah, the green light in the alien was so cool. I tried it with just a candle, and then with a red battery light, but the green one looked best.

Believe it or not, that is just a kids green glo-stick. The kind you snap and shake and it glows.

Yes, I did those myself. I was very proud of them. They weren't too complicated, but there was enough detail to make them fun to carve.

Gale
By Tkaraoke
I used a glow stick to light one of my pumpkins last year and I wasn't impressed at all but that looks great in that picture.

That's so true. Personally, I think if the pattern becomes too overly complicated it becomes more work than fun. If it's the reverse, it's not as fun. What I like about most of the ZP stencils is that they are pretty simple but yield spectacular results.
By stormqueen29
I should have mentioned it was not one of those little 3" ones, but one that was about 8" long. It proved to be quite bright.

Gale
By Tkaraoke
I don't think I've ever seen one that long before. Where did you get it from and do you remember how much they cost?
By stormqueen29
I got them at my local dollar store if you can believe that.

So they were a dollar each. The only bad thing was the glow time. The smaller ones glow for 3 or 4 hours then begin to fade. The big ones I had began to fade within an hour. Oh well, what do you expect for a buck?

I do know there are several people on Ebay with bigger and brighter glo-stick you can buy, check there.

Gale