Get control of your plans for digital diversions from the virtual realms.
By S.A.M

Dead Rising 2: Case 0
Xbox 360 exclusive downloadable prologue to the main game is released tomorrow (31/8/10) for 400 Microsoft points.
Case 0 is set three years before the events of Dead Rising 2.
In Case 0 you can level up Chuck Greene (the playable character) and carry that progress over into the main game when it's released.

Here is the trailer:

Dead Rising 2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Rising_2

On Sept 24th (UK) 28th (US) Dead Rising 2 is released. It looks as though it plays a lot like the first game but now you can make your own weapons, oh yes this is going to kick some arse!
Ever wondered what effect a Dyson with saw blades would have on a zombie?

Then wonder no more;

I loved the first game, one of the best on the Xbox 360 so I'm really looking forward to this :D Anyone else getting it on launch day?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
The original Dead Rising is specifically what convinced me to buy an Xbox 360. I've been awaiting this sequel for a long time.

Ah, but games released in September or October are just a tease for me, since I don't have any free time to play for hours.

Oh well, I'll probably get it at launch, but save it as a post-Halloween reward. Come November, you can be sure I'll be slicing and dicing digital zombies with all manner of odd weapons.
By CombichristGirl
zombiepumpkins wrote:The original Dead Rising is specifically what convinced me to buy an Xbox 360. I've been awaiting this sequel for a long time.

Ah, but games released in September or October are just a tease for me, since I don't have any free time to play for hours.

Oh well, I'll probably get it at launch, but save it as a post-Halloween reward. Come November, you can be sure I'll be slicing and dicing digital zombies with all manner of odd weapons.
most agreed on that :). i gotta get black ops so i have to wait for this but i think im gonna pick it up
By zombombie
I agree with CCG. I'll be picking up Black Ops but I will probably get this as well.

Quite tempted by the prologue add on so that you can level up your character before the main game :)
By GUS
..I haven't played either of em yet!
..was waiting for the price to drop.
By CombichristGirl
GUS wrote:..I haven't played either of em yet!
..was waiting for the price to drop.
it will surely be a while before that because this is a highly anticipated game. you may have to give in :D
By Tkaraoke
Video games are for nerds!!!!

...which is why I wonder why I only have an old XBOX! LOL
By GUS
Not played LFD1 or 2, sure I can pick up a copy for £5.00 soon, not played more than 12 hrs on the xbox this year..shame!
By zombombie
I'm 20 points short of Case 0..... goddamn!! :(
By S.A.M
I've 100% finished Case 0 and whilst it was fantastic it is very much like Dead Rising 1, not a bad thing, but I was hoping for a few more game play tweaks especially with regards to the controls; they feel a little clumsy when the game asks you to do some platforming to reach certain areas.

The A.I of the NPCs does seem improved. I set way points for them to follow and they did so avoiding the zombies, unlike the first game where they seemed intent on taking on the whole zombie horde with the 2x4 you armed them with :lol:

400 MS points (£3.43) it's a bargain. The story missions in case 0 don't take long but if you want to level up (lvl. 5 is the max), rescue all the survivors and unlock all the achievements there is a good 4/5hrs of game play there.

I'm so looking forward to the full game, I've had it on pre-order since last year, proper stoked!
By Ajax
I'll wait for the reviews i wish there was a way to turn off the clock.
By SuperSonic
I'm defo getting Black Ops and since I dont have a 360 i cant play DR2 :(
By S.A.M
SuperSonic wrote:I'm defo getting Black Ops and since I dont have a 360 i cant play DR2 :(
Yeah you can DR2 is on PS3 too, only Case 0 is exclusive to 360.
By SuperSonic
ahhhh thanks or the info S.A.M.
By theroober
I just finished my first playthrough of DR2. I hope we eventually get a pattern from this game featuring one of the brutal combo weapons. Boxing gloves with knives, kayak paddle with chainsaws, fireaxe with sledgehammer. To put it simply, it rocks.