Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
Hey guys...I need some ideas for what my son should be for Halloween this year. He is 2 and half years old...and I don't want to go with spiderman or batman, something more Halloween.

So far he has been
A Dinosaur (when he was a baby)

Then last year he had two costumes. One was a handmade Frankenstein costume I made, then he was a Mini Reaper.
Last edited by CorpseBride on Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
By CorpseBride
Some helpful hints:

He LOVES cars, truck, semis....basically anything with wheels.
And he loves pretty much every single cartoon.
By SaneInsideInsanity
loves cars halloween...hmmm
She was born bad. Plain and simple. Somewhere deep on a darkened assembly line. Christine. A '58 Plymouth Fury possessed by Hell. She's taken control of her teenage owner, Arnie. Her previous owner is not alive to warn him. And now she's steering straight for the one person in her way. Arnie's girlfriend, Leigh. The other woman.
By GUS
My "daughter" ..tomboy more like loves her werewolf costume as it gives her the chance to roar snarl & make clawing gestures at others with increasing menace.

She insisted upon it for several years & revelled in it as she gets to have her face painted (of course) ..no yucky mask!

& having modified her cheap shop bought vinyl leather look outfit with manacles & ghastly claws she's more into patience makes for a better costume, so we may even get a latex facial prosthetic on her this year! ..I hope.

she still looked cutesy, in part to a lightweight (adult) black velveteen topper with skull embellishments, we made a headband so the hat fitted somewhat & it can be incorporated into an adult item in a moments notice.
Whilst I would like her to wear something different it's her enjoyment & she does participate for around 5 hrs.

Might send her to school with some glued on horns this year!
By CorpseBride
Edinburghzombie wrote:Megatron!
Ha ha...funny, because that is my nickname!

Gus: That is awesome! Now that kid has some TRUE Halloween spirit! You have taught her well my friend :D
By GUS
Corpse, seeing as you haven't been around ..or possibly you have :lol: :wink:

You may not have seen the retractable vamp fangs on ryans bizarre blog, they're around $14.95 & look really good, simple effective fx piec for any costume ..with a vampish twist, go check out the video!

http://www.vampfangs.com/Retractable-Va ... actfng.htm

Think i'll go for them as a twist & the flaming bible, both nice FX without too much cost (well international shipping)
By CorpseBride
HOLY MOSES!! Those items are insane!! I must have them!! Thanks for sharing that with me Gus.
By SuperSonic
Edinburghzombie wrote:Megatron!
Damn Decepticons. Autobots all the way! Id have to say either Ironhide, Optimus or Bumblebee
By AusZom
Amazing Gus i want some now -paycheck now disappearing into cool stuffs-
By CorpseBride
Here is my son's costume. It was surprisingly easy to make, and really the pictures do not do it justice. There is a lot of depth to it (about 4 layers of varying thickness) and lots of tomb dust, dirt, and bugs. The jacket also has a hood but he refused to wear it so I just sprayed his hair a dusky silver-grey.

He just loved it too! He had so much fun trick or treating and telling everyone he was a Mummy...then he showed them his "Mummy Walk." :lol:

And it is my tradition to always do 2 costumes...so it will be no different for my son! :lol: He was the Mummy for the big day, but for the haunted house and kids party we went to he was nothing other than a pirate. He has a pirate room and a treasure chest full of dressup gear, so really every day is Halloween for him.

By suzika
Cute costume but, adorable kid :)
By CorpseBride
suzika wrote:Cute costume but, adorable kid :)
I have to say I agree with you on that one :D
By mesmark
Great job on that! I think we did the same costume for our kids this year but not to such detail. We just did one layer of fabric and no dust. Thought about it, but our party is indoor, also I told my wife I think it's an effect that will be lost on most.

Anyway, excellent! the bug idea is also great!