Binging bloody broadcasts, shocking shows and supernatural series.
Tune in tonight, for a new holiday special featuring the cast of Monsters vs. Aliens. This title sounds like something I would have come up with...

Monsters Vs. Aliens: Mutant Pumpkins From Outer Space

Airing on Wednesday, October 28 (8-8:30 p.m. ET, repeating from 8:30-9 p.m. ET) on NBC.

By ellythia1
I will be watching it! :)

I have been keeping an eye out and watching the previous threads about the pumpkin patterns for monsters vs. aliens, but wondered if you were possibly getting a "Bob" pattern out in the next couple days? :) Not sure how hard he would be to make....

Thanks! Enjoy the show tonight and I LOVE the patterns you create! I always get some every year to do from here.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Of course, I tell everyone to watch this and then I myself forget. Oh well, I have good excused to be distracted.

I wanted to see this particularly for the b-movie style concept of pumpkin monsters (something near and dear to my heart, obviously). Maybe they will rebroadcast it next year.

ellythia1, a B.O.B. pattern isn't likely in time for Halloween, but if the MvA characters remain popular into the future, they may eventually appear around here, they certainly seem like appropriate candidates for patterns.
By nosferatu
I think The Missing Link is a great character and would make a great pattern. Think they will prove popular for years to come. I have just bought the DVD as it has just been released over here and is proving very popular
By Dr. Frybrain
I loved the movie, and also enjoyed the TV episode last night. I've never put any thing other than a traditional candle inside my pumpkins, but maybe I'll play around with a couple Cyalume glow sticks stuck to the underside of the lid, and replicate the mutant pumpkins!

You don't even need a pattern for this one. You can just free hand carve it! Actually, the pumpkins in the episode did not have a lid or bottom cut, so I think I try gutting it through the mouth.
By Dr. Frybrain
Here's a quick shot. I ended up cutting the bottom, and reusing it (to keep the top in tact). I ran a small, 25 watt green light through a hole in the upper rear, so that the bulb is right under the stem. I may add branches for arms, but I kind of like the way it looks as is.

For Halloween, I'll probably set in on the lawn with a pile of candy in front of it!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Nicely done, Frybrain. Looks like a mutant alien pumpkin if ever I did see one.
By nosferatu
For those of us in the UK, who haven't seen the mutant pumpkins spin off, it has been released on DVD last monday and is exclusively on sale at Tesco
By GUS
in a word, yes! the characters will be more endearing & less random.
By matspud
OK so its not the usual thing posted here but for those of you with younger kids its fun :D The characters from Monsters v Aliens and some mutating pumpkins. All good clean fun
:D