Seek hosting tips and afterward rehash your monster bash.
By paddy_babe
Is it mad scientist theme or old alchemist making potions and weird medicines by candle light?
If you could get one of those old weighing scales with the brass weights that would fit it either way.
A pestle and mortar would be good to have on the table, you could put fake eyeballs or olives in it.

If alchemist, a fake crow sitting up high somewhere watching over would be cool. I only say this because I read a book on nostradamus and there was a scene in a alchemist's shop which was described as a long wooden counter with scales and jars of all sizes. Shelves towering high with jars and bags of herbs and powders. A crow sitting over the doorway, as if watching the amounts put into the bubbling pot.
By paddy_babe
ohh if alchemist, these symbols you might be able to use/ get inspiration from;

on the last one there are symbols for alchol and fermation. they could go on your spirits and homemade wine bottles :)
By SaneInsideInsanity
o0o0o i likes the chart I see some tattoos in the future
By mesmark
nosferatu wrote:Just invite the girl, I doubt I'd notice any decorations if she was serving the drinks.
A budy of mine from college actually 'invented' that belt and according to the site:

"Do you guys make guest appearances at events?
Yes, we do. Just send us the info about your event or party and we will try to send our Shotbelt.com team out. We don't charge appearance fees for our Shotbelt girls, we are just looking to have a great time and introduce everyone to the Shotbelt. "

Although, they are also out of Connecticut (small world) it might be a long shot to get them to cross the pond. However, you never know ...
By paddy_babe
SaneInsideInsanity wrote:o0o0o i likes the chart I see some tattoos in the future
the bottom one actually uses some zodiac signs and some theban (witches language). I'll learning theban :D
By SaneInsideInsanity
I also know some theban it's hard to find materials in/on it though . I recognized a few of them but didn't place them it;s one of those days
By paddy_babe
I only found out about theban as my friend studies pagan/wicca and noticed my notebook had theban writing all round the edge, we sat down and translated the letters to find a really nice message :)
By SaneInsideInsanity
I also study wicca so that explains the connection...lol it's quite interesting and can be a lot of fun..... :wink:
By paddy_babe
althought I found it quite complex. I have learnt a few things and researched but not enough to actively practice / try kitchen magic / dedicate etc. :)
I'll get there one day :D

)O(
By SaneInsideInsanity
I do but not fully im a solitary so i have that freedom it's nice

But the invites look awesome im stuck as to what to call my party this year
By Dadja
I'm starting to collect some stuff. Still haven't decided whether to go 'ancient' alchemist or sneak in some mad scientist. Will depend on how much stuff I can get.

I did get something already: my mom works at the university and I asked her to check with her boss (who's a biochemistry professor) if I could get some (unused) lab stuff.

I already have two Erlenmeyer flasks to fill with colourfull spirits as such:

Hoping to score some test tubes, clamps, etc as well
By GUS
I used to assign the job of shot-belt girl in various places, they had to walk the tight-rope between selling expensive spirits whilst in slinky low cut outfits to increasingly inebriated clientele, whilst avoiding angry, jealous "girlfriends" ..always had to have one extra eye open, lest they get one scratched out!

(happy day's) :oops:
By Dadja
Ok, added some stuff my decorations.

First off, some bottles to put liquors in, small apothecary jar, and some test tubes, which are 2cl, so I can actually use them as measuring units when preparing the cocktails.

Oh, the little jars with powder are just sugar, but I added some liquor (like Blue Curaçao), let it dry and crushed it, so I have blue powder that I can actually put in people's drinks...

And then I went and bought a second hand doll, cut off the head, stomped it in a jar, added water and some green coloring, et voila:

Now, all I need to do is assemble my costume...
By nosferatu
Class! Love the dolls head....nice touch

Looks like you are ready to roll!

Have a great time
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Great stuff Dadja. Colorful and certainly on theme. I hope all your guest appreciate your attention to detail. I would.